Saturday, December 28, 2019

Barbie 1999 - Collector Edition - 40th Anniversary Barbie African-American

Hey Gang!

My Christmas gift for this year is...
Barbie 1999 - Collector Edition - 40th Anniversary Barbie African-American!
My brother-in-law gave me this doll this year.

She dons a black flock bodice shimmering with silvery glitter nostalgically
reminiscent of her original 1959 striped pattern bathing suit.

A small of the original doll is also in the box!




On the back 



It is really kinda nice getting a collector Barbie for Christmas.  Especially since the
quality of the older dolls are so much better than new dolls.

With this addition I need a place to display my doll that are MIB.

OK, Thanks For Looking!

4 comments:

Farrah said...

Wow, she's stunning! I've never seen her before. I love that she comes with a mini doll as well. Congratulations on getting her and Merry Christmas :)

Chris said...

She is beautiful! I love the Nichelle face mold. Congrats!

april_n_paris said...

I trust you had very nice holidays. Your new doll is stunning! Happy New Year.

Ms. Leo said...

Thanks for your comments Farrah, Chris and April! Happy Holidays!

Farrah, I have seen the mini doll loose in dioramas and wondered where it came from. She is now one of my favorites!

Chirs, I love the Nichelle face mold too. It is one of my favorite headscuplts.

April, I had a great holiday! I am enjoying my new doll.