Thursday, November 3, 2022

Dolly Crafting At The Native American Longhouse Settlement!

Hey Gang!

Recently I watch some videos that Martha Stewart did on wreaths and she was my muse for this posting. Unfortunately I could link her video here. Martha isn't sharing like that but I did find 
another.

Happy Family Grandma plays double duty in my dolliverse and here she is Martha Stewart.. If you have ever listen to Martha Stewart, you know that she has a distinct voice. So I ask you
to imagine her voice as Happy Family Grandma.  Martha has come to and asked Loraine to show us how she makes holiday crafts from pine cones.


Martha: On this segment we traveled to Pennsylvania to make pine cone wreaths! 
We are in the kitchen of the Native American Longhouse Settlement to meet with artist Loraine Running Bear!
Loraine runs her company Spirit for her home here.  She is widely know for her pottery!
This is one of her pottery here!
We are here in her wonderful longhouse kitchen ...
to have show us one of the other things she has become famous for. 
Loraine makes beautiful pine cone crafts!
Martha: You have beautiful pine cones here!

Loraine: Thank you! The settlement sits on over 1200 acres and we have many different varieties of evergreens
.
Martha: You have recently be able to move here?
Loraine: Yes, there was a 15 year law suit to get back our land here and it was only recently settled.
Since moving back, I have been able to enjoy the land and discover it beauty and bounty.
The wonderful pine cones here are great for all kinds of arrangements and crafts. I walk the grounds 
with my basket and collect them for my projects! This time of year they are plentiful.
Martha: Well, that is a good thing!


If you would like to make your own pine cone crafts, here is one video to show you how!


OK, Thanks For Looking!

2 comments:

Shasarignis said...

Nice pictures, thank you to share with us 🙂🥰🙂

Ms. Leo said...

Thanks for your comment Shasarignis! I had taken those picture several years ago. I found an old jump drive I had. These pictures was on there. They were a nice find.