Thursday, December 14, 2023

IT IS THAT TIME OF YEAR!

 Hey Gang!

It is that time of year!

Besides the wonder doll-related items you will see this time of year, you will also start seeing a lot of this type of thing too! 

No that isn't The Looks #18. It is probably a return that wasn't closely reviewed.
Now I must admit, I looked at these two dolls (Yes there were two) and this was an A++ job on reboxing of Ken dolls. The straps and the plastic holder for the dolls weren't torn. I posted the photos on FB. Someone mentioned this is because the original doll was a broad-body doll and the doll they replaced it with wasn't. I thought OK, that works but how did they get the original doll out? As I said, A++ job.


There was some slight wear on the bottom of the box but that was all. If you weren't paying attention, and I think the return clerk wasn't., you might not have known that this wasn't the original doll for the box and clothes. 

The back of the box did have a picture. One is as good as another for those who don't know about dolls. I took the doll to the manager.  Who told me maybe that is why it is marked as clearance.  I took some time to educate the manager.  Showing her the back of the box, showing that the doll wasn't articulated with rooted hair and that between $22- $35 is what you would expect to pay for a doll sold by the store and not a 3rd party seller. I also showed her similar dolls that were like the dolls they put in the box and what they would cost. (about $10.99.)  She did thank me for the information.

A few FB folks showed me what they found while they were out shopping. Some dolls didn't have the right clothes. One person told me that there was a doll dealer who was "suspected" of being able to remove the doll from the packaging, replace it with a friend of Barbie, and sell it as a factory mistake or ultra rare   So it is that time of year! Buyer beware!

While you are doing your holiday shopping, give all your purchases a good look!

OK, Thanks For Looking!

No comments: