Thursday, January 19, 2023

QE2 Clone Doll!

 Hey Gang!

I got a clone of the Queen Elizabeth II doll and for a clone, I don't think she  is too bad!

If you surf the net, you will find these clones that come from China in different price ranges but I don't believe in paying over $20 for a clone.  There seem to be two face sculpts floating around. Surprisingly, the head is stamped Mattel 2022 on the back. 
The face looks like a not as good face painted of Mattel doll.  The eyes and lips are painted smaller. The body is lighter than the head and the body is articulated. 
The box isn't nearly as nice as the Mattel box.  I have shown a picture of the box below.
Out of the box!
She comes with earrings, a necklace, a bracelet, crystal shoes and a sash with metals 

Closeup!
The Mattel doll and clone.
You can tell it is the same headsculpt with a better paint job and better hair.  It is like someone was running  the headsculpt off the books.  The headsculpt even says Mattel on the back..
Let's look at her from the crown down.  The crown is metal and a very nice piece!

Here is how her hair is styled with the crown off.   It isn't the the hair style of the Mattel doll.
She is bald in the center.
    !Her hair isn't as white as many gray haired dolls
Dress is the same color and brocade but not as nice as the Mattel doll.
She has red lips. They could be a little fuller.
She has medals on her sash.
They seem to be very much like the Mattel doll.

The fringe on the end of the sash is different.

Here body was lighter than the face of the doll.

She has on crystal shoes.
The articulation isn't bad so I will save the body for another doll.
I will use this Extra doll body for the queen.  It is a better match.
Please excuse the nude queen.  I know some might find it offending. 
The curvy body seem better for a women her age! 
She can still fit the dress! I might add more hair to the center if I can find a color match. She will be one of  my older women around town. I'm calling her Crystal after her shoes.

OK, Thanks For Looking!


No comments: