Monday, September 26, 2022

Disney is back in the Mattel Fold!

 Hey Gang!

I mentioned to you that Disney had move the production of its' Princess to Hasbro and Jakks in 2016.  As of January of 2022, Mattel has won back the license to produce dolls and toys based on the Walt Disney Company’s popular character like ice princesses Elsa and Anna from the “Frozen” movie franchise. The new dolls by Mattel will reach the Market in 2023!

Most of Disney's doll releases since 2016 have been from its' Live Action except for Manoa, Frozen II, Raya and the Last Dragon and Encanto. These dolls who have be release for Disney's live action and animated movies  made by Jakk and Hasbro will end production as of 2022. I am wondering will these Hasbro's Disney dolls go on sale and will they become collectable? What do you think?

OK, Thanks For Looking!

3 comments:

Jeanie said...

I always preferred the Mattel Disney dolls. Hasbro's have a severe case of Vapid Face (even more than Disney dolls in general). I bought the comfy Disney Princesses and promptly swapped heads with other dolls that didn't look like they'd been lobotomized.

Ms. Leo said...

Thanks for your comment Jeanie! I totally agree and am excited to see what Mattel will do! Many of their female dolls had smirk smiles. I never like that. I guess we need to see what movies Disney will be releasing to know what dolls Mattel might do in 2023.

Shasarignis said...

It's not always easy between Mattel and Hasbro, especially for Disney Princesses. Honestly, I preferred when Mattel made collectible princesses. I have that of Aurore which I find magnificent. Now Mattel and Hasbro have come down a lot on quality when it comes to toys for kids. It's not as attractive anymore, then the kids don't really play with it anymore.... (Shasarignis)