Sunday, August 15, 2021

Welcome Barbie Inspiring Women Maya Angelou!

 Hey Gang!

When I featured my Ella Fitzgerald doll I told you that I also wanted Maya Angelou. Well have her too now! I purchased two because I think she will become collectible!

Barbie Inspiring Women Maya Angelou doll

She is simple but I think she is one of the better celebrity dolls that Mattel has done!

Close up of her face!
With one of her famous books!
From the back

Warning, Nude Dolls!

She has the same body as the Ella doll but she is a little darker.

Maya is more of a SIS Grace and Ella is brown.

I am planning of play with this doll and she will be part of a storyline in Johnston.                                So in Johnston She is Mrs. Lulu Roebuck, writer, poet and professor,

Mrs. Lulu and her husband Roscoe!
They went to high school together and dated though high school. After he graduated he 
went into the military. The next year she graduated and went to college far away. The 
wrote and saw each other on holidays. They married a year after she graduated from 
college and have been together ever since. When Lulu's sister died...
Her son Malik came to live with them!
Malik: I was the best thing that could happen to me! My aunt Lulu and uncle Roscoe
are the best! 

OK, Thanks For Looking!

3 comments:

Ms. Leo said...

Thanks for your comment Linda! If you are looking to purchase Maya new in box I would suggest that you keep watching online for her on Target or Amazon. There will be others selling her on these sites but you want to look for the doll being where the seller is Target or Amazon themselves and not other. You should find her from them at $29.99.

april_n_paris said...

Congratulations on your new doll. These new Mattel collector dolls are really interesting and inspirational.

Ms. Leo said...

Thanks for your comment April! Yeah, this is one of the better lines that Mattel did. I like that they didn't give them thin bodies.