Wednesday, August 11, 2021

Raya and The Last Dragon Young Raya and Chief Benja Exclusive Figures!

 Hey Gang!

I have been looking at the dolls from the Last Dragon movie. was wondering if I should purchase any. The ones I saw in Target and Wal-Mart The only thing that I really liked was the Asian style hat. I wanted to see the Raya and Chief dolls but they weren't at any of my local stores. I tried ordering the set from Wal-Mart with poor results. So I tried again from Amazon and the dolls are arriving late! To me, of the adult dolls the Disney version is better. 

Promo Photo!

Out of the box

The reason I am purchasing them is to add another Asian Disney Male to my collection.  
I have 3 versions of Captain Li Shang, and 2 versions of Naveen which qualifies as Asian 
too. Also the costumes look cool and I thinking can be used in interesting ways.


My research of the of Chief Benja leads me to believe that is is the same height as Jafar 
doll. The bodies look the same.  Which means he is short but his head might be able 
to be placed on a Ken doll and I  can still use his outfit and shoes.  
He stand at just reaching 11 inches!



Benja is smaller than Ken.
Benga's feet are smaller and a little wider than Ken.
The shoes for Benja are a little small.  Maybe if I put them in warm water?
Now I wasn't able to see it in the promo pictures but one you have Benja at home, one
side of the sleeve is bigger than the other.  It looks a little weird.
Benja compared to Jafar body,  They are the same but Benja is more of a red tone!
He works better with the Moana head than the Jafar body does. So GT gets this body! 

Rebodied the head and redressed!

A new couple is born!
I think you are precious!
Come!  It is time for dinner!

Raya I am hoping with fit in with my Stacie dolls. She wears a cute Jacket and pants! 
Jacket has a nice print on the top and bottom.

She stands 8 1/2 inches tall
Printed on the back too!
Print fabric with a contrast at the seams.
Velcro jack and elastic waist pants!
Cute flowers on the front of her shoes.  The flowers might look nice painted.
Even though the shoes don't have a heel, she has high heel shoes and feet!
Soft hair and cute ponytail style!
The back of her hair.
Raya and Janet! Besties!
Raya compared to 1991 Janet!  The thickness of the body is close but Raya's high-heeled 
feet makes her a lot taller! Also, the Raya's head isn't too much bigger that other kid dolls!
Raya compared to Stacie!
Raya redressed!
Using these knockoff doll shoes/sneakers made for high-heel feet, she can now stand.

OK, Thanks For Looking!

No comments: