Monday, December 10, 2018

Fashionista Ken

Hey Gang!

I was surprised to find Preppy Florals Fashionista in my local Walmart!  He
was leftover from Black Friday!

Preppy Florals Fashionista.

I just love his face and a great smile!


Out of the box!
His shirt is better made that the one they came on my Cool Classic Ken.

Blue pants and tan boat shoes. 
The pants


These are a new version of the old deck shoes issued for ken in the Fashion
Avenue paks.
 Fashionista boot shoes and Fashion Avenue boot shoes.
 The bottom of the shoes have different details!

The arms and legs  are unevenly coated as in past fashionista.


Now I thought that his headsculpt might be a version of AA Slim
Fashionista Plaid on Point!
But not only does he have a different headsculpt, he does have a different face...slightly!
I think that Mattel must have a like for the Jamal/Steven headsculpt.
Many of the AA male doll seem to have some part of the that headsculpt in theirs.
Preppy Florals and Plaid on Point!
They have a similar smile and chin and shape of face but slightly different nose.
There were a few other new dolls there too but I was only looking for ethnic guys!
The darker version of Plaid on Point, Firefighter Ken looks closer but not the same.
 I really like the apron on the Barista Ken. Does one buy a doll just for the clothes?
Yes!
I originally thought he would be the same complexion as Super Stripes but he is a little
lighter.
They are like So In Style Grace and Kara!
 With Preppy being Grace
 and Stripes being Kara!
Like Stripes, there are imperfections on the body like with Stripes.  See my review of
him.
I had planned to purchase and extra AA broad body for a project I had in mind
but I won't need to do that now.
 Stripes, my Luther, in Preppy Floral fashions!

Because Mattel hasn't made many clothes for the Broad dolls and most of the new
Ken fashions don't really fit Broad bodies, I have decided that I really only need one Broad
doll and he will get all the broad clothes.
So decided to Preppy with Florals on a standard size AA fashionista body.

I am calling him Kamau!
 He is a high school Student.

OK, Thanks For Looking!

6 comments:

Black Doll Enthusiast said...

Nice, detailed review.

I purchased the new guy as a gift for someone who wanted him.

The molded hair and particularly this style is a no for me.

dbg

Muff said...

Well he certainly looks like a fine upstanding young man. I really dig his hair style.

Phyllis said...

He is a nice looking young man. I also thought he could pass for being of Middle Eastern/Indian descent!

Ms. Leo said...

Thanks for your comments dbg of BDE, Muff and Phyllis!

dbg, I the molded hair is a issue for some. I don't think we will be seeing any rooted hair male dolls until the Fresh Squad dolls become available in store! I am find that only those in the know (doll people) are purchasing fresh dolls.

Muff, I think so too!

Phyllis, Much like Prince Naveen? Hmmm!

D7ana said...

Thanks for this review! Fun to see the broad guys AND to have a sense of their complexion matches among know dolls.

Ms. Leo said...

Thanks for your comment D7ana! You are welcome!
Sadly there are only a few AA complexion articulated male bodies.