Wednesday, January 6, 2010

A New Year Sweeps Clean!





















I want to make space for new dolls and doll items in my collection but first I need to get rid of some old things. I do a lot of head swapping, some of the swaps go well and others ....not so much. There were a few issues when I first started doing it that I have over come now. I am left with a bag of heads and bodies that I really don't want. To this I must add a few extra dolls that I wanted at the time I purchased them but don't feel I need them now. Finally, does anyone need all the hair brushes that come with dolls. I know I don't! I don't want to see them in a landfill either. What's a girl to do!






So I looking to do some sales! I have sold on eBay before and it has some pluses and some minuses. I am interested in finding out about new ways to sell my extra items. I have found that for items that are not expensive, it is easier to sell them at a yard sale than at auction. So if anyone out there has a suggestion, I'm all ears!

2 comments:

smidge girl said...

Hope your clean up is going well! I'm taking a break from mine right now. Well, can you call it a break if you haven't really started yet?

I have the same bags of heads and bodies from body swapping. I usually keep the heads, for when I eventually get around to trying my hand at repainting. But I don't know what to do with all these lackluster bodies. I hate to throw anything out that someone might be able to use.

I know that a lot of people on etsy make jewelry out of doll body parts and those hairbrushes you mentioned. You might try selling some stuff there, under supplies. Setting up an etsy shop isn't much different than setting up an ebay account. (plus they take less of your profits, lol.)

Good luck!

Ms. Leo said...

I have formulated a plan. Now I got to work the plan!