Thursday, January 14, 2010

Grant Fuhr




A while back I purchased a Grant Fuhr action figure. I admit I am not a sports fan and that I did not know who he was when I purchased him. He looked like a good ethnic face so he went into the cart. When I got him home I was busy search or a new body for him, so I didn't look him up then. It was only when I was considering to selling his clothes did I look him up.
I was surprised at who Grant Fuhr was. His is credited as the first black/biracial Hockey player to make the Hall of Fame in Hockey. He is considered to be one of the greatest goaltenders to ever play the game. He definitely should be in my collection. Thanks to Black History at blogspot for the link. Who says you can't learn something new playing with dolls!




I put his head on a Integrity Toys Alejandro In Style body. The original body was too big for the head. It also couldn't wear Ken or action figure clothes. I have added a little more gray to his hair to make him look balanced.

1 comment:

D7ana said...

Ms. Leo, I am also NOT a sports fan, LOL, but I will buy a male sports participant if I like his 1:6 scale face. Your hockey guy is cute. Congratulaions on finding him!