Monday, May 20, 2024

May Is Disney Month! Encanto Mirabel, Isabela, Luisa & Antonio Fashion Doll Gift Set--Walmart Exclusive

Hey Gang!

I finally purchased the Encanto Doll sets from the Disney Store. It was on sale with free shipping! Woo Hoo! Disney set had articulated bodies but I didn't like all the faces as much as the Walmart Jakks Pacific set. I purchased them from Walmart when they were first released.

When first released, the Walmart set was 49.99 while the Disney Store set was 99.99. I purchased both sets on sale. More than a year later, the Walmart set is now $24.99 and the Disney store is $69.98.  With both sets, I am hoping for a few head swaps!

Promo Photos Jakks Pacific set!

Photo of doll in the box!
Back of the box!



Promo Photos Disney store set




Luisa
Isabela
Antonio
I haven't seen the movie but, I know a little about the characters.  My review might be
different than the many others that have been done. If you want to see some review of the 
dolls I would suggest you check out Toy Sisters post.

Disney is giving us a lot more dolls of color in their line and I am enjoying it!

Disney Store vs. Jakk dolls
1. The hair is better on the Jakks dolls
2. Disney Store dolls are articulated
3. Disney Store doll's outfits and shoes are more detailed and have separate pieces and 
    Jakks outfits are printed
4. The Disney Store pack comes with three animals and an instrument. 
5. Neck knob is a little different on Disney Store and Jakks dolls
6. Disney Store dolls are larger

The Girls are all more substantial than Barbie in body, head, and foot size.
Many Disney dolls by Jakks are larger. I am showing the Jakks girls compared to Barbie 
SIS Chandra.
Isabela, Chandra, Mirabel and Luisa!

Let's start with Luisa!

Since the release of the dolls, I have seen a lot of negative comments about Luisa! She is
a big muscular girl!
Out of the box.
She has an interesting face!

Warning! Nude Dolls!

From this point, there will be nude doll photos.

Luisa has a large body. Many have said she looks too man-ish to be played with by 
children. I believe that many of us know a of women who have this kind of body 
type.  If we can learn to accept all kinds of people, we can accept them as dolls! 
The world will be better for it! In the movie, she is strong. It figures she would look strong.
In looking at her nude, she reminds me of my Nola (Big and Beautiful Dasia) in size.
She is a little taller and less curvy.  I guess it is the curves that make Dasia look more
feminine. Because of this, I thought they could share clothes.  Many of the clothes I have 
for Dasia are teddy bear clothes. So if you have Luisa and are looking for clothes for her, 
you can start there.  I have also seen a few doll clothes sewers sell some really nice things for Luisa too! There are some vendors on Etsy that have clothes.





Next up is Maribel


Disney Store doll

I first tried her on a Live doll body.  
I am not sure if I will keep her on it or if she will go on a Disney store body. I may replace her altogether with a Disney ILY 4Ever doll. 

Next up is Isabela! 

She is the beauty of the sisters and it is nice to see a dark-skinned character as the beauty. 
After seeing a few posts of Isabela, I realized she really might be worth having!

I love her big brown eyes
She could be rebodied and put on a Tiana body!
Like in this photo, but I think I want to put the Jakks head on the Disney body.
I removed the heads from the body to play around with head swapping.
Jakks head and body.
Disney Store head and body.
Jakks head on Disney Store body.

Finally is Antonio

The main reason I wanted these sets is Antonio! I just had to have him!

He stands about 7 inches tall but 1 1/2 inches of that is his head!

He has a cute smirky face!
His clothes are a one-piece printed design. Bummer! Sometimes the printed designs 
don't match up on the outfit.
From the back.
Jakks and Disney Store Antonio!
From the back.
Out of their outfits!
While the Disney Store Antonio's outfit is printed design, it is much better made than 
the Jakks and it has more pieces.
nude bodies comparison
I have two Antonios by Jakks and put a Jackson doll head on the body.
He is now a little brother to Jackson and Jayla.

OK, Thanks For Looking!

No comments: