Wednesday, April 14, 2021

Never Again!

 Hey Gang!

After seeing so many order action figure bodies from China for some of there Mattel male dolls, I decided to order a couple for some of my dolls.  I have made a few purchase from Ali Express and Wish so I felt like making purchases from Ebay shouldn't be too bad!   I understood that shipping might take a while and I was prepared for that.  So here is what I ordered.


1:6 12" Black Skin Tone Male Wide Shoulder Muscular Action Figure Body Model Toy


It sells for $16.97 but was on sale for 15.95.  This price range was a little less but in the same ball park of what most of the action bodies were going for.  It had free shipping which made it a good purchase. Since I had the extra money, (thanks stimulus check) I order two!  Here is what I got in the mail! 

One body that was OK 
and one with both the hands broken off!
I contacted the seller and explained the situation and showed them pictures of how the 
item arrived. I did want a refund at first but wanted to know if they could send me the 
hand pegs and I would be cool! They said no!(WTF!) They said I could ship the item 
back at my cost and I could get a refund! What kind of crazy is that? What kind of 
customer service is that?  They then told me that they could give me a $6.00 refund 
since I had the body and only one had and issue.  I was thinking OK, I might be able 
to find the hand pegs on the net.  I got a few refund that month from Ebay.  Between 
seller not shipping correctly trying to save on shipping and the P.O. losing things, I had 
a lot of refunds in late Feb to early April.  I didn't notice that the refund was more like 
$4.77 and not $6.00.  I search for hand pegs. I got a coupon from Ebay because of my 
refunds for $5.00 that had to be used on and item over $15.00 in a week's period of time.  
Silly me, I order the body again and again it arrived with one hand broken off!
So the problem is (I told them this the first time I ordered the body)  that they put an articulated body just in a bag, no bubble wrap, no tape to hold the limbs to the body and don't remove the hands and feet putting them in a small bag.  That is crazy for an item coming from that far away.  The shipping envelope is plastic padded but not the good plastic padded envelope.  The body moves all around in shipping and it is going to break.
As you can see the hand is broken at the peg again.  I am now thinking that they might be shipping items that they know are broken! I can't be the only one who had this issue.  They should have changed the way they ship.
Broken hand floating around.
Hand and neck peg were loose in the bag.


So I learned my lesson with this vendor! I might purchase a body from someone else but not from him.

OK, Thanks For Looking!



4 comments:

The grandmommy said...

I got frustrated just reading this post! He looks so good otherwise. My first response was oohI want one of those! The color looks great. I wonder if there is a good color matching head somewhere. I just want to let you know I have a contest going. Stop by and enter!

Lisa Neault said...

Hi. I know this is after the fact, but I would have forced a return. A seller cannot tell you you have to pay return shipping if the item arrives damaged, I know I sell on ebay- they HAVE TO PROVIDE A RETURN LABEL. iF he is selling in China, he has to provide return shipping. You would probably have to return either the whole product, partial product, or get a partial refund, but this is evidence he is not shipping properly . I would have taken photos of it when it arrived in a bag/envelope, and after I opened it. and immediately opened a case.
The seller is protected so if he is on the level, which in this case- he isn't because he did not package properly- he would do a return. You can probably still do a return on him and get your money back. Hope I have helped. If you need help with this, go to ebay and call their number or go to their ebay business facebook page and contact them on facebook chat. They will help.

Black Doll Enthusiast said...

I'm sorry you went through so much trouble with the Aliexpress sellers. You have to be very careful buying from them. Usually, when the shipping is free, no matter what the item is, they will use a paper envelope to ship which doesn't protect the item well. Their customer service is usually very poor. Their main goal is to sell the items and get your money. You're usually on your own after that.

The only thing I feel comfortable ordering from them is doll clothes and shoes.

Ms. Leo said...

Thanks for your comments The grandmommy, Lisa and dbg of BDE!

The grandmommy, the body was a good match for a few of my dolls but the broken hand knob makes them kinda unusable.

Lisa, this is why I post! After see what you wrote I contacted ebay and got my money back. The seller tried to get me to reorder again but I wasn't fall for it a 3rd time! I plan to give them a negative review too! Thanks for your help!

dbg of BDE, I didn't order from Aliexpress, I ordered from a ebay seller in China. I have order from Wish and I think they are in China too but the things have come in good shape.