Saturday, July 7, 2018

The Market In Progress!

Hey Gang!

I have purchased some Barbie play sets a long time ago and I am working on
a Supermarket for my dolls in my dolly town.  To get a better look I have spray
painted a few things and have cover other with silver contact paper and silver
tape. It still needs lots of work  to get it to look like I want it but you can get the
idea. 
I have some other pieces that aren't quite dry enough to photo.  I am not sure
what color the walls will be either.
The shelve in the back here was white an pink cardboard and covered fairly easy.

The cooler in the back was pink! It took three coats to cover it.  It seems that
thinks spray paint better in the summer.  I hope to get everything done this this
summer.
To give you an idea of scale, I have Kwan to show proportion.  The wall of the
large shelve has a wrinkle.  I am not sure if I should use the tape on it and not the
contact paper.  The tape seems to stick better. I want the market to be larger than
the tri-fold board allows for.  I am working on a meat case, a hot buffet, a bakery
and a produce section.

I will probably use ideas from My Froggy Stuff to complete the store.   If you
have any suggestion on the market, please let me know!

OK, Thanks For Looking!

5 comments:

Jeanie said...

Some of the small shopkins items might be doable, if you turn them to face the back? You could check party favors at the local dollar stores for things like baby bottles. A lot of that miniature stuff is roughly Barbie scale. My dolls have a box of "cereal" called Yogurt Raisins (Greek Style) - actually, a 1 ounce snack box. No alteration needed unless you look real close!

ps - jeaniebarbies.blogspot.com My recently begun barbie blog!

The grandmommy said...

A great start! I can see this is going to be a fun adventure.

Muff said...

Looking good! I don't know if it's because it's so humid here, but contact paper only seems to like to stick to itself. Often times I have to make it stay down with tape.

Jewell said...

What a fun little project! I look forward to more progress pics. Ironically I have several restaurants but no supermarket in my doll town. I guess no one here likes to cook for themselves. Lol

Ms. Leo said...

Thanks for your comments The grandmommy, Muff, Jewell!

The grandmommy, This is going to be a slow adventure! I need a lot of stuff
to blulk this out. I also need to organize somethings too!

Muff I thought about painting but went with contact paper and tape. I have been searching some sites for ideas too! It is cheaper to make what I need than to buy it! :)

Jewell, I have a lot of families. Part of family live is to shop for food. Right now I have two ideas for restaurants but only one that I have started. http://i-luv-dolls.blogspot.com/2015/02/chinese-new-year-diorama-drafts.html