Wednesday, June 11, 2014

Philly Doll Club Meeting Part 1!

Hey Gang!

We had our doll club meeting and boy was it fun!  We had a new person!
We were hoping for two but maybe next time! I took so many pictures that
this post will have to be two parts!

So who was there?  Well me of course (that is why I'm blogging about this),
Dana -D7ana from A Philly Collector of Playscale Dolls and Action Figures,
Kev and Miya from Dollapalooza , and Juanita who you might know as mustiwait

If you read this post anywhere other
I-Luv-Dolls@blogspot.com
It is a fake!!! Run!!
OK, now for the pictures!

One of the first things I was when I got there was Juanita's challenge doll!
This her Snow White maker over doll!  These Photos are Juanita's and
are with her permission.
 Here is her before picture of her doll!  Isn't that the cutes thing!

The next thing I saw was Kev coming down the street with his My Froggy Stuff
treehouse! I took lots of pictures because it was so detailed!  I told him he should
send MFS some photos!  It was about 3 feet tall!  It needed its' own table! OK,
here come the photos!
That cute action figure in the red is my hubby!  He drove me to the meeting and kinda
hug around until we were done!
 Each section had it own details.  You can tell he put a lot of time into it!
 Hand painted wood grain.


 Ahh, birdies!
 There were many little homes for the forest animals!




 Second floor balcony!
 Side door!



second floor room!
 Dollie in a chair!
 Second floor room!






Other thing that Miya and Kev had to show us!




 New Captain Action figure below!







Individual photos of dolls that caught my eye!

Rebodies Star Doll!

Please come back to see more from our meeting!

 

OK, Thanks For Looking!

12 comments:

MajorMistakes said...

That house is so awesome and super-detailed! It is my childhood's dream to have my own lil house-in-forest for my forest family toys (I used to have tones of them). It must have taken so long to make something like that :)

Black Doll Enthusiast said...

The treehouse is very nicely detailed.

So why all the nude jus and gals... was there a doll swap held, or just show and tell?

dbg

Muff said...

Holy freakin' cow! That is one awesome tree house. I'm quite impressed with the paint details. It really looks like wood!

RoxanneRoxanne said...

Yay, another fun meeting! That treehouse is just amazing. And I love looking at all of the photos of the various dolls. I'm looking forward to part 2!

Buffy said...

Enjoyed your photos of the house, and also can’t help but think how lucky you are to be able to get together with other well known collectors. You guys must have had a blast. Looking forward to part II.

The grandmommy said...

Loving that tree house! If it was 1:6 I know it had to be really big. What a collection of beauties. Did they all belong to one person? btw. Very sweet of your hubby to hang out with you. :-)

Georgia Girl said...

The treehouse is fabulous! And that is a lot of lovely nude dolls.

That is awesome that you guys are getting together for club meeting. It has to be a lot of fun. Looking forward to part II.

Carrickters said...

What a great get-together. The Snow White makeover was lovely - and the tree house is amazing. But the photos of the nude dolls made me laugh. It almost looked like a nudist dolls' convention.

Brini said...

The tree house is a winner hands down. I love all the details too. I want to make one for my Kelly dolls but the money is tight right now. I love the Snow White too, she is very cute. It looks like you guys have all kind of fun.

Unknown said...

Hello from Spain: this tree house is awesome. Fabulous. I like very much theses pics.Great dolls.. Scary!.

Ms. Leo said...

Thanks for your comments MajorMistakes, dbg of BDE, Muff, RoxanneRoxanne, Roville, The grandmommy, Georgia Girl, Carrickters, Brini and Marta!

Sorry Gang, I have been away and didn't get the chance to respond, comment, or post. You guys can't believe how awesome that tree house was! I was so impressed with it! The house was about 3 feet or more. Kev made his own paste of flour and water...it was cheaper! It took days to dry and days to paint. It takes up a lot not space in their home.
Kev said that the video made it look a lot easier than it really was! It was a monster! All the dolls except Snow White belong to Kev and Miya. I will post Dana and mine in part two. I think many of the dolls were nude because that was the way they were stored.

All I can say is that I can't wait until the next meeting!

Unknown said...

oh hey! theres a Captain Action! I have an original Captain Action action figure, but hes wearing his Phantom outfit. (I cant bring myself to say fashion pack because its a boy doll)XD And that treehouse was amazing!