Sunday, March 31, 2019

A Few Things For My Birthday-PT 2!

Hey Gang!

It's been a while since I added another animal to the zoo. I saw this guy at Walmart
this September. They only had the one. So I had been eyeing this guy for a while!
I was going to purchase him back in early December but he must have sold.  I didn't
think that they would get another in. But when I walked down the toy aisle the other
day, what did I see?  Him!

Adventure Force Soft Gorilla Toy!


 He is pretty big but light!  He is 10 inches tall and about 7 inches from shoulder to
shoulder. He reminds me of the gorilla Shabani, I saw on the web that women
are going crazy over!
So he need a large enclosure. I started on this room-box for something else but I think it will work for him too!
I am calling him Shabani and he is an Eastern lowland gorilla! His size and coloring tells
us that.  His pictured here with Lucy!
I might repaint his eyes. I am not feeling the red.  They should be more of a cream
with brown iris.
Lucy's eye are closer to what the eyes on Shabani should look like. I might paint
over her silver to black.
Shabani weights  a little over 500lb! This is on the high end of the scale for an Eastern
lowland gorilla but not out of the norm for this type of gorilla.  Here, like in the wild,
he is an Alpha male in this little group!
Shabani is thing-No I don't want a banana!
I like the way he can stands. It adds to his look of strength! If he stand up straight,
he will be looking Ken in the eye!
 What is up there?
 Side view!
 Oh Lucy!
Lucy normally stays in his shadow! She isn't as outgoing as he is. I found her
in a thrift store.
 I should have given them a window and door!
There is something separating them from the public!  I worked on this fence before the
Flower show too but didn't finish it until after.

OK, Thanks For Looking!

3 comments:

Jeanie said...

Those red eyes make him look like he needs either a doctor or an exorcist. Lucy's silvery eyes... maybe she's blind?

Ms. Leo said...

Thanks for your comment Jeanie! You always have great insights! Yeah, I think they both need a paint job! It is on May's to do list!

Jeanie said...

I'm blushing.