Sunday, August 26, 2012

KiKi To The Rescue!

After contacting his grandmother and Toure’, Steve’s next call was to his mother.  
KiKi  is in the small storeroom of the Laurent Department store.  It is one of the few rooms pretty close to being finished.  She can hear the contruction going on around her outside of the storeroom.  She hears her phone ring!  Here ringtone is I’m Every Woman by Chaka Khan.  KiKi thinks to herself-It’s my first call on my new Smartphone! 

Talking to herself--Oh boy, now how do I get whose calling to appear?  That right I push here. Oh, it is Euphea! She puts him on speaker.


Steven: Hi mom! Guest what!  I got a promotion!
KiKi : Oh honey, that is so nice!  I’m so proud of you! Knock, Knock, knock! Just then there was a knock at the door.  Come in!   


It is Cabe with a delivery. Cabe: Hello Mrs. Laurent! You have a package.
KiKi talks into the phone… Honey can you hold on? Yes! Ok, I need to sign for some packages.

She puts the phone on the table.
KiKi: Hi Cabe. How are you!

Cabe: Just fine and really busy now that so many new businesses are opening up! The store looks like it is coming along!

KiKi: Thanks! So, I sign on the board and then the machine.


Cabe: Yes, that is right.  I put the package on the chair to make it easier for you.
 Steven knows he is on speaker so he decides to talk to Cabe. Steven: Hey Cabe is that you? It’s Steven!

 Cabe: Hey Steven. Yeah it’s me.

Steven: Any packages for the Gallery?

Cabe: No, not today!

Steven: Alright, take it light man!

Cabe: You too!

Cabe: Hey Steven. Yeah it’s me.

Steven: Any packages for the Gallery?

Cabe: No, not today!

Steven: Alright, take it light man!

Cabe: You too!
KiKi: Thanks Cabe!  I’m expecting some large packages to come every Friday for the next 6 Fridays.  It is diplay items.  They are going to be heavy so my son will be around to help you with them!  She makes sure Steven heard that.  Right Steven! Steven: Right mom!  Cabe just smiles, says goodbye and leaves.


 
KiKi returns to her phone conversation. KiKi: Hi, I’m back. So what will you be doing? 


KiKi returns to her phone conversation.KiKi: Hi, I’m back. So what will you be doing? 

Steven: I will have my own show! I’ll get to pick my own team!  I will be doing interviews,  expanded reports and new pieces.  I might do a little traveling.

Wow!  That sounds really wonderful! As KiKi said it, she realized that he didn’t have the wardrobe he needed for this job.  He did need a dressier wardrobe than the one he had in college.  Things were changing for her son.  Hmmm! She and Camille had given him dress shirts for graduation last year and a suit at Christmas but even working part-time at the station he needed more things.  I guess you have to stop wearing your father’s shirts.  There is a lot of sharing that goes on in the Laurent household but that is another story!

Steven realized that he would need more things to wear on camera, in meetings and maybe at the gallery.  He had spent most of his reserves on getting the Gallery ready. Hmmm!

KiKi : Come by the store.  I am just unpacking the things for the men’s department.  We can work out a discount and layaway for airtime promotion of the store. 

Steven smiled. He would never think about taking a handout. Laurent’s don’t do that! It was his mom business but it is a business and he understood that. A discount and layaway he could do.

KiKi: I be in the storeroom all day, stop by and we can see what we can do.

Steven: Thanks mom!

KiKi: You are welcome honey!

 

Thanks For Looking!

8 comments:

Vanessa said...

I'm looking forward to seeing what's in the box. Love that dress that KiKi is wearing.

Muff said...

This is so Mom like! I remember when I started my first "real" job my mother insisted on buying me business attire to get me started. Considering what I usually wore she was in shopping heaven.

Did you flock Kiki's hair or did she come like that?

Unknown said...

Hello from Spain: I like the picture in the foreground of the hand with the phone. You are very creative. I also like Steven. The dialogue between mother and child is very real ... I can’t wait to see what's inside the box ... what a mystery! Hello from Spain: I like the picture in the foreground of the hand with the phone. You are very creative. I also like Steven. The dialogue between mother and child is very real ... Cant wait to see what's inside the box ... what a mystery! I've read that you did not explain the beach scene ... I'll have to wait to see the video ... We keep in touch.

Pam said...

Hi what a lovely photo-story u made :)Love the dress Kiki is wearing!!!:D

Ms. Leo said...

Thanks for your comments Vanessa, Muff, Marta, and Pam!

Vanessa, I will get to show you all the things I ordered off of ebay from my Heads Up post. I got KiKi's dress as part of my thrift store finds for August. I will have to post that too!

Muff, That is what moms do! She won't have to work too hard to get him up to speed, not like she would for Tre'. KiKi's hair is straight out of her box. I love that about her. She is one of the first female dolls that Mattel did that way she is a Kenyan Barbie. I posted about her a while ago. You can find it in my labels.

Hello Marta in Spain! I remeber my mother having that same talk with me. So I used it. I will keep in touch with you and hope you will keep in touch with me.

Thanks Pam, Green is her color!

limbe dolls said...

Enjoyed the story. I like the diorama a lot, especially the cardboard box and the dolly Cabe used to deliver it.

Ms. Leo said...

Thanks for your comments limbe dolls! I'm getting inspired by so many bloggers including you! Cabe is our resident delievery guy. I think I got him at a thrift store but there is something about his face! You kinda see it when he is talking back to Steven on speakerphone. The box is a Copa soap box. My husband loves their soaps and will drive downtown to their headquarters to buy it.

Georgia Girl said...

I love KiKi's dress. I hate that I missed out this fashion pack. Good episode. Nice dio.