Thursday, May 27, 2010

Green Spot On Brown Dolls

Green Spot On Brown/Black Barbie Dolls




















I have had a few AA doll get green spot on them. The first time it happen it was my fault. I put medal earrings on my vintage Julia. Vintage dolls, to me, seem especially vulnerable to green spot, green ear problems. I don't know if it happens to other AA dolls other than Mattel.

I went to the web for answers. The biggest suggestion was acne cream products that contain benzoyl peroxide 10%. It bleaches the green out. This works well on Caucasian dolls. The green comes out totally or almost totally. On AA/Black dolls it bleaches out the green some what but it bleaches out the complexion out too. You are left with a faded brown area with a green tinge to it.




















The green spot on the ear of my Vintage Julia was unacceptable to me so I purchased another one. I also purchased a Repo Julia. I am hoping I won't have this problem with the Repo because I do like having jewelry on her. I will not leave them in any length of time. I don't want to tempt fate. I have taken the advice of Niels Dolls Room and will store my dolls nude.

My Home Coming AA Skipper got green spot on her legs. I tried the cream to see if it would work better on the body than the face but the results were the same. I recently purchased an new skipper. I don't know what caused the green spot on the Skippers legs. I don't know if it was something I did, or how I stored here, so I will keep a good eye on her.


If any one else has had this problem and can give me some good suggestions, I would love to hear it!

No comments: