Monday, April 19, 2010

BFC CALISTA

BFC Calista 


I will admit, I did like the BFC Dolls when they first came out.
I didn't want one in my collection but Calista has wore me down.
I had read what Philly Collector said aboutthe doll. Then I stumbled
on to Roxanne's Dolldiorama story on Calista. There began a shift at
that point. I looked at the doll a little more while searching for other
dolls. By the time I wanted her, there weren't any in the local stores. This
made me want Calista even more. What sold me on her is that she
wasn't the one who was a model or the one who was the air-headed
or the one who was the designer or the street smart one, she is the smart
one! Then I read that Philly Collector saw her at Big Lot. So when I
was out that way I picked up the last one they had!

So here she is! She comes with all of this.
A sweater, book bag and diary. 
Here she is out of the box!

She has a pleasant face. 

Like most girls with glasses, she has a pretty eyes and face behind
the glasses!
Pretty black thick hair that is curly. 

Here come the comparisons. 

She is smaller than Skipper and Taylor. FYI Skipper is the same
height as Taylor but Skipper is a little thicker in the body than
Taylor.
She has a flatter body that Skipper and Taylor and is not as
developed bust wise as Skipper and Taylor. I think that is why
Roxanne made hera little younger than Skipper.
Her arms are longer than both dolls! 
They are a little off for her body. 
They can where each other's clothes... 
but not the shoes! 
Calista has bigger feet! 
She does have jointed ankles.

FYI, BFC doll's skinny leg jeans are too small for other dolls.
They are almost to small for Calista!  
There are a lot of great clothes in this doll line! I might have to pick some
clothing sets.

OK, Thanks For Looking!

2 comments:

Black Doll Enthusiast said...

Nice photos. Calista's clothing is very nice, very well made and fashionable. The doll can also wear Only Hearts Club clothing. Big Lots in my area had the OHC dolls for $5, but not their fashions.

D7ana said...

Thanks for the comparison photos, Ms. Leo! I always appreciate them ;-D

Thanks also for the additional information about clothes and shoe sharing. I'm glad you got the last Calista.