Thursday, November 19, 2009

Faces of Francie-Update!

Hey Gang! 

So these are my Francie!

Warning Nude Dolls!

Their bodies! There are no real differences from the repros and the new dolls!
Close ups
 Francie 30th Anniversary  Glad-About
Promo Photo

 Repro Francie Smashin' Satin

Promo Photo
 Original Francie

I purchased this girl on eBay nude so I don't know which one she is or how she originally looked. Her body needs replacing because on leg joint is broken. and I want to restyle her like this one!
Short flip with center part
AA Repro Francie The Wild Bunch!
Promo Photo
Here are the faces of my Francie dolls. The doll’s original
name was Francie Fairchild and she debuted in 1966 as
the “Mod Cousin of Barbie”. She is smaller than Barbie.
As a child, it bothered me that she and Barbie couldn’t
share clothes.

The original Francie looks down as you can see from the
picture. I guess she is shy. The reproductions look up more
than the original. Neither the original nor the repro has the
swivel neck and so they can’t look up fully.

I don’t have an original Black Francie. My mother tossed her out
when I was young (SIGH) and I have not be able to afford another
as an adult. I dream of her. They are shown nude here so that you
can see the body has not changed. The faces on the repros are nice
but not exactly like the original.

I believe the Wild Bunch and 30th Anniversary Gad About are the
same face. The Smashin’ Satin is different. All the original Francie
dolls used the same head mold. I didn’t add the Malibu doll
because the face is different.

OK, Thanks For Looking!

6 comments:

D7ana said...

As an adult, I love Francie, but as a child, I wanted Casey. My Mom didn't like Casey's look so that was probably the only doll that I really, really wanted but didn't get as a child. Years later, I got one from a Canadian collector. Still have her now.

Thanks for sharing your Francie photos. The Repro Wild Bunch looks okay. Now her I might be able to afford LOL

Ms. Leo said...

The Wils Bunch is very pretty and the face paint is really nice. The bangs are shorter that the original. The hair on the Wild Bunch and the Smashin' Satin is the best. Gad About is too soft. She is still cute. She looks good in a lot of different fashions. I don't like the Francie clothes much. I love the Teen Skipper and Generation Girl fashions on her. She looks good in the slim fitting dollar store clothes too. I think I will need to show those:). The great thing about the repro....No Green spots!!! That's a story too! Thanks for viewing!

TM said...

I just love Francie! She's got the sweetest face on a doll I've ever seen. There's not enough Francie pages on the net. It's awesome to see her in your blog!

Ms. Leo said...

Thanks! Beside Julia, she is my second favorite and it was a tough contest! :)

noone said...

I know this is an old thread, but I just had to post....I am a BIG fan of Francie and aside from the Smashin' Satin repro (which I don't care for due to the hair) I have the other Francies. Actually I have about 20 or 30 vintage and repro Francies, including her friends Casey & Twiggy.

BTW what did you do with the AA repro Francie body?

Ms. Leo said...

Thanks for your comment no one! I am not sure what I did with the body. I am going though my things for items to sell if I find it, I will contact you. I suggest you look at the Facebook selling groups. I often see Frances for sale there!