Wednesday, January 25, 2012

A Week Of Ups And Downs!

Thus far this week has had some ups and downs! My hubby
has been sick most of the weekend and the beginning of this
week. Thank God, he is much better now! I have also had some
dolly ups and downs too!

Up—I received this jacket in trade for a doll head from blogger
April of April's Sea of Barbie Sweetness. Thanks April!

I have wanted this jacket but not enough to buy the doll it
came on.

Down—Cory!


That is what I am calling this action figure who will be Collin’s
brother.


Cory fell! And his leg broke. I will no longer stand
dolls on the self I had him sitting on. I decided to go back to
my area Big Lots in hopes for another figure like him but it
was too late! They were out. I may have to repair him.

Up—they did have a Jean Basic there and a fashion pack there.
So I pick them up!

I like her face but she will need a new body. I have a story for
her. She will be Mr. Kingsley secretary Emily. I would like a
fashionista body. If anyone know a good match, let me know.



Dominique says this is her year and she wants most of the items
in this pack!

She is much happier when she gets her way!



Down—one of the set of chairs I ordered arrived. But one of
the chairs was broken.



I got them for less that five dollars including shipping. I
really could complain too much. I think it happen in travel.
I think I can glue it and I planned on painting it. So I hope
by then it will not show.



Up--Another set of chairs that I order arrive with no problems!


Up—I made one dress, purchase two dresses for.25 and
reconstructed one of them.


Marie got this navy blue tube dress with a jacket to interview
in! I even did some sewing on this dress. The tube was cut to
length and the rest I used for the jacket.


I will have to pull her hair back so that the streak doesn't show.


Siobhan received this dress I purchased from a thrift store for .25.
I was very long and raggedy looking. I washed it, cut it, went over
the seams and made a belt with the extra fabric.


It now looks very Siobhan and it works well with her coloring.



And Ellie got a new dress too! I am not sure about the boots.
Ellie isn't use to wearing heals!

13 comments:

April W. said...

Dominique looks great in the jacket! I am glad she is enjoying it. You got some cool stuff and for .25 those dresses are great!

Frannie said...

Glad to hear that your hubby is feeling much better!
Love the dresses, especially the blue tube dress!

limbe dolls said...

Sorry to hear that your husband was ill. I really like the Stardoll jacket but not enough to buy the doll. How fortunate that you were able to get it in a trade. I also really like the second set of pink chairs. Great finds!

Muff said...

Wow, how long was the drop from? I've never had a Power Team break and I'm pretty rough with them.

D7ana said...

Glad to hear things are going better.

Nice finds you had there ;-)

Stardoll40 said...

Sorry to hear about your guys leg. :( I hope you're able to repair him.

I love that Barbie Basic...I have her and her name is Cree. I've body swapped her quite a bit she now has a permanent Liv Alexis body. Cree is tan enough that it works out almost perfectly. :)

I'm sure a lil' glue will fix that chair right up. Great set of chairs, can't wait to see what you do with them. :)

Unknown said...

Hello from spain, i really like the new clothes. The chairs in the last photo I love. I like the additions to the Basic and the doll basic jeans that i bought the last few days and goes very pretty picture. I love watching your photos in new purchases. Keep in touch

Vanessa said...

What a week! Sorry to hear about hubby. Glad he's better. Sick husbands can be a handful. Love all the clothes. Your tube dress and jacket are great. Nice fix up on the Siobhan dress too. She looks good in that color. Poor Forest, but congrats to Dominique for getting new stuff.

Ms. Leo said...

Thanks April W, Frannie, limbe dolls, Hey, It's Muff, Tracy India, D7ana, Marta and Vanessa!

April, I really love this jacket on her. Thanks soo much for the trade! I love these two dresses too! I will be buying many for things from thrift stores this year. I'm going to see how far I can take it!

Frannie, it a tube dress for my tutorial. http://i-luv-dolls.blogspot.com/search/label/tube%20dress I did hem it this time and use the extra tube left after making the dress for the jacket which I hemmed the sleeves. It came out well.

limbe dolls, we found out after he had a tooth pull that he is allergic to amoxicillin. He awoke redder than a lobster and unable to swallow! I don't scare easily but I was a little scared them. He is much better know and eating anything not nailed down!

I am going to work on both sets of chairs and hope to show them soon!

Hey, It's Muff, it was from about five feet. I don't think it would have happen from a shorter drop. I will work on him this week. I'll let you know how it comes out.

D7ana, I got some time to play with dolls.

Tracy India, seeing your Cree made me think I just might like her. I didn't see her in the stores. Did any store have the full line of girls and guys at the same time? I will put her on a new body but I think I want a taller one for her.

Marta, I hope to show you soon what I have done with the chairs and the doll.

Vanessa sometimes you have to be strong for your man! He was looking at me to tell how serious it was. I had to stay calm and suggest he get dressed and we head out to see the doctor. I really deserved some dolly fun after this week!

I'll have to work it out in dolly land now!

Stardoll40 said...

@ Ms Leo - At my local Big Lots, they had all of the girls but only two of the guys, the AA male and the dark haired male. I haven't seen the blonde guy in a while. I think he's pretty popular and sells out fast.

She'll look gorgeous on a taller body. Congrats on getting her, she's really pretty.

Heather said...

Haha! I would recognize those Big Lots price tags anywhere!
Newest follower here! (and follower 100, woohoo! Congrats!!)

I'm just getting into 1/6 stuff, and can't wait to read more.

smidge girl said...

Looks like the ups made up for the downs. :) Glad your hubby is on the mend, that would have scared me too!

Poor Forrest! I'm pretty rough with my dolls like Muff & never had one break. Hope you can fix him!

Love how you restyled the polka dot dress. I'm a sucker for polka dots! :) Looks great on Siobhan!

Ms. Leo said...

Thanks Heather and smidge girl! Heather welcome to my blog and thank you for being my 100th follower! Woo Hoo! I am still working on my hubby(Girl this whole thing was a mess) but I hope to be dolly posting this weekend. So you will get to read more.

smidge girl, I just love the polda dot dress on Siobhan! I don't know if it was a Barbie dress. I think that I have seen the dress before but don't know where? She has really inspired me to make her a few things. I hope to post them soon.