Wednesday, April 2, 2014

WOW! What A Great Time We Had At Our Last Doll Club Meeting!!! #2

Hey Gang!


If there is a local fashion doll club in your area, join! If you don't have a local
doll club, start one!  We had the best time EVER!!!

So, there were only four of us but we had the best time!  The new space that we
met in has promise! It is pretty? ...as meeting space goes... no,  but it has a
PowerPoint projector and a Smart Board! We will try to use those next time!

Attending the meeting was Leo (Ms. Leo from I-Luv-Dolls), Dana (D7ana from
A Philly Collector of Playscale Dolls and Action Figures), Miya and Kev,
(from Dollapalooza ) you heard me mention them in  my collectors interview post!

I brought the coffee and donuts! You know I had to have coffee! (I firmly believe that
it was the invent of coffee that cause man to stand erect and use his opposing thumb!
Yeah, crazy Ms. Leo!) I brought some dolls for show and tell.  I also had some dolls
and doll things for trade. Dana also had two (Mixis) dolls and with
clothing and and a lot of doll clothing for trade.  I think Dana and
I tried to be conservative. We didn't bring alot. I think we didn't want
to overwhelm.  What were we thinking!

My Stuff

I brought Keyshia and Stacie for comparison. Yes, I am doing comparisons
in-person too! 

I had my new Chelsea's friend Tamika and Darrin too with an older Tamika
for comparison.  Added was a new aa Kelly doll.

I also had my Hunger Games men Finnick and Peeta with me.
To that I added my Divergent male doll (whoever he is).

 Finnick
 Peeta

You can see the  Divergent male doll in the first shot. Somehow I didn't
take a close up shot of him.  Those were my show and tell items. 
I had some things for trade too. Here is a small picute of my stuff for trade.


Dana had her Mixis Dolls.


I love this outfit!
Great detail!
Cute shoes too!
 Hannibal Lecter said " how do we learn
to covet.  We covet what we see!"  So I was coveting Mixis dolls!
She had these items to trade!





At first it was just the two of us, then Miya and Kev came.  These are
two collectors with no shame in their game!  They brought a suitcase of
dolls!  A smart way to travel I must say too! 

It was like the sky opened and it rained dolls! The oohs, and aahs and squeals
began!  They had dollsI had only seen on the net.  They carefully unwrapped
dolls in bubble wrap to our delight!  So here is what they had!

 If you read this post anywhere other
I-Luv-Dolls@blogspot.com
It is a fake!!! Run!!

Miya and Kev











 Sorry about my foot and a bit of kitty in this shot!











Heart Family Mom rebodied!  Too Cute!


I remember seeing this doll as a child! WOW!  To see her again now was
great!



I don't think that they took all of their dolls out of the suitcase!
I didn't take pictures of everything.  Too busy talking, trading, and eating!

Kev is right! Melody doesn't take a bad picture every!


This demiun outfit is to die for!  The detals are Amazing!


Look at the top stiching!



Miya and Kev both sew.  They had some hand made items there too.  We
talked about patterns, material and the tediousness of pressing.
Here are a few outfits that I traded with them for.


They got from me these items! I will do a photo shoot
of my dolls in the haul I got at the meeting!



Kev and a ton of pictures!  Way more than I take and it made me wonder
why I don't takemore! Kev showed me pictures on his phone and in his
camera.  I think I could have looked at them for days! He had some great
pictures of Melody and it inspired me to take more
of my doll.

We watched a My Froggy Stuff Video too!  I think that should be part of
every doll club meeting!  I showed some of my favorite sites and finds on
my tablet. Next time we will use the projector!  There were several
conversations going on at once! It was fun and uplifting!  We decided to
have a challenge!  To restyle the same doll for the next meeting!  Doesn't
that sound like fun!

So if you are in the area and can make it, you should come to our
next doll club meeting!

Finally, read what Dana wrote about out meeting!

OK, Thanks For Looking!

14 comments:

AG Lanc said...

Looks like you guys had a fantastic time!

The grandmommy said...

I could feel your excitement through the internet! lol Glad you all had fun! I sure would have!

Doll Crazy said...

I'm trying not to covet! That seems so much fun.

Vanessa said...

I've been anxiously waiting to see these pictures, ever since Dana mentioned the suitcase full of dolls. Wow, they had a lot of unique dolls. So glad you all had a great time!

BlackKitty said...

What I wouldn't give to go to a doll club! It seems I'm tho only collector in my are though :(

Black Doll Enthusiast said...

It looks like you guys had soooooooo much fun, Ms Leo. Wish I could have been there.

Miya and Kev showed up and showed out with their wonderful dolls. They are a cute couple. I enjoyed seeing the dolls you and D7ana brought. Your in-person comparisons were a treat.

You have inspired me. I need to start a local doll group, but mine will not be limited to fashion dolls.

Maybe this summer...

dbg

Unknown said...

Hello from Spain: interesting doll club. I really like this type of meeting. I can see great dolls and accessories. I envy you. A moment of great fun. Keep in touch

D7ana said...

Thanks, Ms. Leo, for having your camera in good working order. (You make the Mixis dolls pop in those photos. I need to get a new camera, lol.) So fun to see again all the dolls again.

That 9" black doll wearing the bright red-purple-black mini dress is Soul by Hasbro from the Love doll series.

The denim outfit worn by Melody was originally one of the Sakurana's outfits.

Thanks for mentioning me (aw shucks, ha ha) and for getting Kev and Miya's doll link (need to share that link).

Look forward to seeing you, Miya, Kev, Cyndy, Rin, and others in June. Seeing a My Froggie video on that SmartBoard would be super fun!

Mustiwait said...

This sounds like a blast Ms Leo I'm sorry I missed it. I am only 45 minutes away from Philly and would love to come out for something like this. I will keep my eyes peeled for info concerning the next meeting.

Ms. Leo said...

Thanks for your comments AG Lanc, The grandmommy, Doll Crazy, BlackKitty, Vanessa, dbg of BDE, Marta, D7ana and Mustiwait!

D7ana, Thanks for the info! I didn't get all of that. I guess I was too busy having fun!

I can wait until our next meeting. Hopefully we can have a full house!

AG Lanc, Doll Crazy, The grandmomy, It was solo much fun!!!

Vanessa, I only wish I had taken more photos! When I looked a them when I got home, I saw how limited they were.

Mustiwait, You are welcome to come!!
Email me at leoatawbury@hot mail.com

Marta, you should start you own club! I know that there are other bloggers and doll collectors in Spain.

dbg of BDE, yes you need to start a club!
You have so many things to show. Then your club can do a doll show and we can come down there!

BlackKitty, there might be more people than you think who collect dolls. Check the message boards and ask who is interested! Notice the adults buying dolls when you are buying dolls. Post on you blog using your city as the location your dolls are visiting, someone might respond.

OK, I expect to see more doll clubs!

BlackKitty said...

Oh, it's actually not a bad idea to add the location in each post. It can work as a search filter, as I understand? I've searched left and right on Blogger and Facebook and in spite of living in a capital, the closest I found was one girl with one MH doll. Not very encouraging...

Dollz4Moi said...

Looks like you all had an awesome time. I am part of a small club and you'd think there was over 20 of us by the amount of food, dolls, & fun we have :O)

If I was closer I would definitely join in the fun. Love the pics and can't wait for the next report

cyano said...

Thanks ms Leo for setting everything up. Hopefully I can make it for the next meet! I have it marked on my calendar!!

Ms. Leo said...

Thanks for your comments BlackKitty,
Dollz4Moi, and Cyano!

BlackKitty, remember people move around!
Posting about your dolls hanging out in your home might bring people to your attention.

Dollz4Moi, I see a joint meeting in our future!!!

Cyano, I really hope you can come!