Monday, February 1, 2010

The Ultra Corps!

Hey Gang!

I purchased these two action figures when they first came out. As you can see, I
have left one in the box and the other I have de-boxed for play. Although the face
molds are the same they are two different dolls.

One is Flashfire- Jungle Beret and the other is Junkyard-Mountain Recon.
Junkyard-Mountain Recon.
In the box
 Flashfire- Jungle Beret 
Back of box

Why I keep one in the box? I do not know. I can't remember what I was thinking
at the time but he is still in the box. Their complexions are different and the face
paint is slightly different. Ultra corps did a full line of action figures when the first
came out. They still to action figures now but not as many and they are hard to find.
They haven't done a new African American doll since this line. They are about the
height of Ken but a little taller than GI Joe. The body is more bulky than GI Joe.
The feet are different, They are wider the Ken with out the length of GI Joe. They
can't wear all of the Ken shoe but they can wear all GI Joe boots. The hands are bigger
than both Ken and GI Joe. They are not able to wear shirts that don't have sleeves that
snap closed and the sleeve is a tighter fit because their arms are bigger too.
Their facial expressions are very serious.

OK, Thanks For Looking!

4 comments:

Black Doll Enthusiast said...

Thanks for directing me to this blog and helping me identify my new man. As usual, your descriptive comparisons are very helpful.

These, indeed, are extremely nice figures. I am glad I was able to find mine, even though he was loose and very well preloved.

I wish the company would make more dark skinned figures like this.

dbg

KEVIN MT said...

Excuse me, Where are you from? I from Mexico and 3 days ago I just get one of these figures, and I want to know What kind of rare is it like in your country...

Ms. Leo said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Ms. Leo said...

Thanks for your comments dgb of BDE and KEVIN MT!

dbg Of BDE, I sorry I didn't see your post sooner!Yes, I wish that had too! I am lucky to have the few that I have!

KEVIN MT, I live in the USA in PA. I haven't seen these dolls in a longtime in my area! I do think they are no longer being made by the company. I think like GI Joe they have move to making 3.75 inch figures and not 12". Because of that. I do think that they are pretty rare! Hope that helps.