Sunday, May 9, 2021

Fairy Godmother!

 Hey Gang!

This is Disney month and today we are going to look at Cinderella Fairy Godmother dolls

First up is: 

Disney Princess Exclusive Deluxe 
Cinderella Doll Gift Set Fairy Godmother Doll  Plush 10" released in 2012

This is the doll I got on ebay on sale for $3.00! She didn't have the cape or the wand but I think I have enough Harry Potter wards around her that she can borrow.

One of the ways you can tell she is the one from the Disney Princess Exclusive Deluxe 
gift set is that she has the longer bangs!  Another way is the Regimentation numbers 
are different. 

There are a few release of the doll. The one that was sold separately has shorter bangs. I believe there were two release of her.

Besides the plus dolls Fairy Godmother dolls (that is what they are referred to as) there were some stuffed models that are similar to teddy bears.
Close up of the face and you can see the bangs are shorter.
The first time there was any mention of the Fair Godmother it was produced by Mattel an it was a costume that could be worn may another 11 1/2 doll.  This was a rare find it came with the mask, cape, dress and Shoes (4 piece set and had a Cinderella paper doll with cardboard mince that were included in the box release in1991.

Close up of the set and mask

As you can see the new doll sold by Disney look similar but not exactly like the mask set.

In 1992 Mattel did a blister card release too! In it you got the outfit and the mouse.

With the release of the live action movie 2015 and other Fair Godmother was                              released. Helena Bonham play the Fairy Godmother.

Helena Bonham


I have her too...well her head that I rebodied.
I have thought about reboding my plus Fair Godmother.  I have see some put her on a 
Blythe fat body. She doesn't have any more articulation. she does have legs and feet. I'm 
not sure if the complexion is a perfect match but it is something to try!

Picture by Doll Junk- repaint and restyle


My two Fairy Godmothers together

OK, Thanks For Looking!


No comments: