Wednesday, May 12, 2021

Disney Month Aladdin doll and on the craft table !

 Hey Gang!

I found a Disney Aladdin doll in the thrift store a long time ago but have not played with him.    He was the Mattel doll that was release in 1992 like the doll below.                                             


This doll came with two outfits one as the street urchin and the other as the prince. 
The doll I have was wearing the street urchin pants with the patch on it but the vest 
was missing.
he has a cute face with large brown eyes and a slight smirk.
His body is that of the Ken dolls of that time period with the click knees and the backward facing hands. He looks like a Vivek so that will be his name.
I had seen him in the stores and thrift store for a long time but the molded on hat 
was a sticking point.
The hat is molded on to the hair of the doll.  The hat comes in several colors depending on the doll and even the doll in the swim suit had the hat! Now who would go swimming with a hat on?

He is now on the craft table!

On a bold moment I decided that the hat had to go! I use a heated box cutter to remove it!

I had to put this in.  It is one of my favorite plays and I was humming this while working!
 

I have a ton of those big head Liv Doll laying around and I used the hat as a guide and I cut out a hole the size of the hat from the Liv doll head.
I use crazy glue to seal it and did some light smoothing with rubber cement.  I will work on it more a little later but I am happy to be done with that hat.

Next up is the Disney store Aladdin Doll which I purchase new because he didn't have the hat molded to the hair

He has the normally Disney pre-Hasbro body with click knees and bendable elbows. 

He is now Khan in the dolliverse

I also found this version of Aladdin in the thrift store too!

I purchased him because of his body and not because of his face.
His face looks pinched and the face is strange with a weird look to it. It too had the hat 
made onto the head.
The body is articulated and I hope to be able to use it on a doll in the future.


OK, Thanks For Looking!

No comments: