Saturday, December 4, 2010

Dance of Rouba!

KiKi Dances!

KiKi dances the native dance of her homeland
Rouba in it’s native costume. The dance is said to
bring the favor of the universe. She learned this
dance from her mother. Her mother was a
professional Roubanese dancer. It was while
performing this dance that she met and married
KiKi’s father, ambassador Falou. It was while
performing this dance at a museum in Paris
that KiKi met her husband Terrence.











The dance emphasizes grace and graceful hand
movements.












KiKi has taught this dance to her daughters too.
They have never preformed it in public.
They do it for special occasions for their mother!











KiKi is asked from time to time to preform the dance.
She always thinks of her mother when she does.
Those were the happiest of memories for young KiKi.
Her mother died a year after teaching her the dance. She
can still hear her mother humming when she does
the dance!

3 comments:

Alrunia said...

These are such great pictures, I especially love first and second :D Lovely doll with a lovely backstory. :)

Niel said...

You're pics are becoming more and more fun and interesting. I like that you're experimenting with different angles. I like seeing a doll from different perspective. It's like playing with the doll myself. :)

Ms. Leo said...

Thanks Niel, D7ana and Alrunia. My best photos are taken on sunny days. Artificial light doesn't seem to work for me...at least not yet. I am learning more about taking pictures as I go. I wish I could take all the credit but the doll inspired the picture. It wasn't even to be her photo shoot but she kept looking at me. The sun cooperated. I think these are my best photos yet. I am really glad that others thought so too!