Tuesday, May 24, 2022

May is Disney Month! Can You Have to Many Adams!

Hey Gang!

It wasn't until I started writing this post that I realized how many Adam dolls I have and how many there?

Adam form Beauty and the Beast!

My first Adam that I owned I got from a thrift store.  He was like the one below and had most of his accessories.  He is by Mattel. His hair wasn't the best but not as bad as many!

The bangs on my guy aren't as nice as the one in of the doll in this picture. What was nice about him was his out and the beast costume. I really need to use it for a Halloween post.
The "X" or twinkle and the eye color are different. Not seen on other princes.

 To use him as one of my guys around here, I first gave him a new body Many of the older Ken/Prince dolls are a bit pinky- orange.  The best bodies for them our the older articulated elbow and knees Hot Skatin' Ken bodies give him good enough movement.

This is a closeup of my Adam! Note that his hair isn't as nice as the one above. It lacks                        the shine.  I still might give his hair a deep condition.

Next up is this version! Purchase my first one at Toys R Us on sale!
I got him because his face was different...a bit aristocratic! Unlike the earlier issue. The 
beast costume's head and jack are different and he doesn't come with beast pants/feet either.


I got him because his face was different...a bit sad and aristocratic! Unlike the earlier issue, he didn't have a ponytail. The good thing about him was his body.  It  has articulated elbows but not knees. (Similar to Mattel Flynn Rider but without the knees) He was popular enough to find him often in thrift stores too!

 


 I was able to use his body for a few dolls! Joseph from Home Depot and Prince Philip. They are  some of  the men that I have used his body for.

Next up is The first Disney Store Adam.
There probably were some others but this is the first one I saw.


He is more of a strawberry blonde that some of the other Adam dolls and his complexion is lighter.
That made finding an articulated body for him hard.
Oddly enough, his face looks closer to the Mattel first issue doll without the stars in his eyes.

Being this pale, he is hard to find a body for him.  I use an Dumbledore body for him
and he is not Reliegh!
Mattel stop producing dolls for Disney about 2012 and the Disney princess, princes and other dolls  by Disney are now  being produced by other companies.  

This one of the Adam dolls that I don't own. He is a Disney store male and has the classic Disney Store body of bend and click knee and articulated elbow that the Disney store male have.  
I didn't like the face on this one. If he is on sale at a thrift store... maybe but for now 
I am OK without him.

Finally, I don't own the Live Action Adam.  I did see him in the stores but he looked short than Ken. 
His legs are painted white to imitate hose for his outfit which seem detailed. So I am surprised that 
they painted the legs instead of just giving him hose. The painted legs makes putting him in a 
swimsuit funny! Without his clothes, you can see he has the same body as Chief Benja and Jafar. I am guessing this might be the new Disney playline/big box store male body.

If you want to know how Hasbro got the contract to produce Disney dolls,
  I shared a cute video that explains how it happened!

OK, Thanks For Looking!

No comments: