Wednesday, July 31, 2019

Doll Collectors interview--Part Three! Lee Fran

Hey Gang!

One of the other doll collectors I met at our luncheon was Lee Fran!
A woman and her bird Alex!
She was the one who brought the suitcase of dolls with her!


Doll collector’s interview

When did you start collecting dolls? 
1963

What was your first purchase as a collector? 
Elvis Presley and Michael Jackson.

How many dolls do you own? 
I own 3,700 dolls

What is your favorite doll and why? 
I have about 150 favorite dolls, I love their realist look and their
26 point posing actions on some, I'd say Integrity and Hot Toys
some of my favorites.

What doll or dolls are not your favorites and why?
The dolls that are not my favorite are the ones I give away to the many
children after taking their outfits off and redressing them in other outfits
I buy in bulk.

What is the biggest challenge about collecting dolls? 
Honestly I have no challenges when buying the dolls I like, some I make 6
payments of a few 100 dollars at a time, so I would say the Emperis and





Kingdom Dolls are a bit of a challenge.

How do you display or store your dolls? 
I have a 40 ft climate controlled trailer where most of my dolls, doll buildings,
cars, trucks Van's, horses and stable is housed at. My smallest doll is 1:84 I also
have Tonner dolls, my displays are dioramas.

Have you ever been to a doll show? 
No not yet, I wasn't able to afford the Integrity doll show that was in Poland
2018.

When you travel, do you look for dolls? 
Yes, I look for different dolls everywhere I go, maybe there is a doll that I don't
have and would like to have as part of my collection.

What is your latest purchase? 
Johnny Depp Pirates of the Caribbean,

Cinderella's mother, the Fairy Godmother
to Cinderella

Angelina Jolie Maleficent,


I just bought about 20 new dolls in the
past week.

What doll is on your wish list now? 
She is a Kingdom Doll she runs about $2,700.





 

What do you wish you didn’t purchase? 
There is no doll I wish I didn't buy, as everything i bought i wanted.
I live in a world of dolls and dollhouses.

What is your favorite doll related item? 
My H2 remote control Hummers that my barbie dolls can fit in.

How often do you photo your dolls and what doll is the most 
photographed and/or photogenic? 
Once a week, my integrity dolls are photographed the most

Do you talk to other collectors in person or just on the web? 
Mainly the web, but did get to have a fabulous time with 3 wonderful
collector's at a luncheon.

If you had the chance to speak to Mattel or other toy makers, what would 
you say?
They should start moving towards a more realist looking doll.

What doll do you wish would be reissued? 
Honestly speaking none, I love the newer looking dolls.

What two dolls would you combine and how would you want them combined? 
(Muff style question) 
My Poppy Parker and Captain America dolls.

If there is something I didn't ask that you would like to say, you can 
put that in too. 
I felt your questions were well rounded and I appreciated what you asked, thank you.


Lee is currently doing a repaint of a Monster High house for her witches Vampires and
Zombies!


Lee: One coat of paint Krylon and Rustoeum, I removed the card boarding placed plastic over the electrical box outside and just spray painted away, using other cardboard pieces not to over spray certain pieces







And now for a flurry of photos!













 Thanks For Looking!

2 comments:

D7ana said...

Cool! My jaw dropped at the thought of "40 ft climate controlled trailer ." Go, Ms. Lee Fran! Enjoy that doll life!

Love the re-paint of the MH house.

Thanks, Ms. Leo, for sharing.

Ms. Leo said...

Thanks for your comment D7ana! It so rare to meet someone who is living their best doll collecting life and Lee Fran is one! She is also a great person!