Friday, November 27, 2015

My New Purchases!

Hey Gang!

So I've got some new things!  I will show you two of them for right now. I have
the new AA Fashionista Ken and Fancy Flowers Fashionista! To excited about
these two to take pictures of them in there boxes!  Do you care about pictures in
their boxes?  Well, I re-bodied both and worked on her look before I thought
about taking pictures for this shoot.  In the future I will use these trunks for guys
for intro shoots. I'll figured something out for the girls.

AA Fashionista Ken and Fancy Flowers Fashionista!
 Close-up on their faces!

Fancy Flowers Fashionista

Fancy Flowers Fashionista, aka, Cora is on a Chandra body!


 I didn't like her earrings, they were blue, so I change them to gold.
I didn't like the blue shoes either.  I think these are better!
They work better with the dress.
She is happier with her look!
She does have a great face!
From pictures I thought she looked like an older version of 
Barbie but she doesn't.  


She has the Stephen Burrows Barbie 
Pazette head-sculpt.
She does have the older than teen age look that 
the other doll has.  I would say twenty three to twenty five.

The SIS dolls do have a younger look!  Maybe that is the paint of the face.

The do look like they could be friends.

AA Fashionista Ken

I re-bodied him on a Fashionista Ken articulated body! Yes, he is that light that 
I didn't need an AA body for him at least his face is.  His original body is a little 
darker that his head.

I'm not a fan of this outfit. I would say it was a look for an older man but
older men might be offended.
The neck knob is different!  Flatter than the original Fashionista Ken knob! I think
it makes the head fit a tad higher on the old fashionista body.
So here is a head to head comparison of the original Darren head to the new Fashionista
Ken head!
On the new doll, the eyes are a little larger, the smile, you can't tell from the photo, is
a little bigger too! The brows are darker and shorter.  Darrin's eyebrows are lighter in
contrast to his complexion and they have a bigger arch which extend back farther!

He doesn't have a name yet but he is KiK's sister's son.

OK, Thanks For Looking!


15 comments:

Georgia Girl said...

I saw the Fashionista AA guy the other day and now this makes me regret not getting him. I have not been out for Black Fruday shopping and my thoughts are that he is probably gone now. I will be happy when the girl shows up. She has two of my favorite things about a doll...her beautiful dark complexion and big hair. I love love big hair!! Congrats on getting both!

Jewell said...

Thanks for posting these pics. When I heard that the new guy was a light-skinned brother, I knew I had to have him. A reviewer on Amazon compared him to rapper, Drake. With the addition of some facial hair, I could totally see it. Congrats on your new dolls! I like them both.

Phyllis said...

I am so happy for you that you got these 2 dolls. I do have both of them too. I didn't have another Chandra body for rebodying the "Pretty Flowers" girl, but I did have a Baby Phat Kara which is also a decent skin tone match for her. At first, I had thought her face was the Pazette facemold too, but, Carlyle Nuera posted on Flickr that this is a brand new facemold. This is the same facemold as the one with the romper. I am glad that the are giving us a wider range of skintones these days. I wish we could now convince Mattel to give them articulated bodis like they used to have.

The grandmommy said...

Nice addition to your collection! As I always say...any doll with teeth is great to me! I like their African noses.

Muff said...

I haven't seen either of these in person yet and I just came back from Walmart so I was definitely looking.

I don't have any Stevens but I would probably get this one just because it can be rebodied.

RoxanneRoxanne said...

These are some nice new additions to your collection! I really like these. Thanks for the info!

Jaye's Doll Space said...

Nice additions. I like that the new Ken can easily be rebodied.

Black Doll Enthusiast said...

Congrats on these two.

I was going to correct you on the face mold info, but I see Phyllis already has.

dbg

Brini said...

Congrats on both of them. I haven't seen them here yet but I would love to add them to the community. The Pretty Flowers Barbie and I think she will be a great addition to any collector.

Vanessa said...

Congrats! I plan to add the light skinned Ken. I'm sure there's a body here he can use. I love the new lady, too, but there are already too many ladies living here. I'm looking forward to seeing who you pair her up with.

Ms. Leo said...

Thanks for your comments Georgia Girl, Jewell, Phyllis, The grandmommy, Muff, RoxanneRoxanne, Janainah, dbg of BDE, Brini and Vanessa! If you haven't got them, get them! I saw them both at Walmart yesterday! So they should be making their way to your neck of the woods!

Georgia Girl, It may be out of style but I love big hair too!

Jewell, AA doll are like black movie! You have to support.

Phyllis, Thanks for the info! Mattel has to give us a reason to buy!

The grandmommy, I like teeth too!

Muff, Get them both!

RoxanneRoxanne and Janainah, We all need something new!

dbg of BDE, I can always use help!

Brini, Like I told Muff, get them!


Vanessa, I know you have an extra body somewhere!

Farrah said...

Wow, she does have such a stunning face! Thanks for sharing the close up photos...I haven't found her in stores at all where I live!

D7ana said...

Congrats on these two. I seem to have too many Steven-faced males so I might pass on him. Her, though, I would like to get. Like you, I dislike the blue earrings and shoes with this outfit. What was Mattel thinking? Your replacements for those accessories did seem to bring a brighter smile to that Fashionista's face.

Ms. Leo said...

D7ana, the Walmart in Cheltenham has a ton of the Fancy Flowers! Like a whole area of just her! I think you will be able to get one! I have seen some makeovers of the new AA Fashionista Ken. He is worth having if just to do that!

Ms. Leo said...

Farrah, Thanks! I like her face too!