Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Torn Between Versions of the Same Doll!

I have three versions of
High School Musical Gabriella.

The first is HSM 1 Gabriella –first issue if the doll,




the second is HSM 3 Graduation Gabriella



and third is prom date Gabriella.


Yes they all need their fly-aways handled but
I am in a hurry.

The last two both came out the same year. The first issue
doll is beige-ish complexion as more dolls were issued,
the Gabriella dolls for some reason got darker! The
last two dolls the Grad and the Prom dolls are darkest
with Prom being darker than Grad. Now I never saw
the movies so maybe there is something in them
that explains it like she was in South America for a
while but I don’t know why she kept getting darker.
I thought about that while reading
Black Doll Collecting's blog on the Liv Alexis.

My dilemma-
I only need to keep one doll but which one.
I have narrowed it to Prom and Grad. They do look
different. I love the complexion on the Grad and the
Prom date dolls. She is a caramel color on both but
Prom is a little darker with darker lip color. I love the
hair on the Prom too. It is not an everyday hairstyle…
the up do…so she does stand out. It harder for her to be
just one of the girls with that do! The complexions make
it harder than just keeping the head too or maybe I’m
being too picky . Decisions, decisions, decisions!
What would you do?

6 comments:

Frannie said...

Are all the dolls made by Mattel? I was going to post about my 3 Sharpay dolls which have totally different faces, but haven't gotten around to it. (They are from different companies) Now I will have to.
I like the Prom Date Gabriella, I like her hair and the lighter lipstick.

Black Doll Enthusiast said...

I like the prom one best because of her hair. It would be a difficult decision for me to decide which one to keep. Why do you only need to keep one?

BTW, I added more pictures of my four Alexis dolls.

dbg

Dollz4Moi said...

If you have to just keep one I'd go for the Grad. You can always put her hair up if you need to. Or you can keep the head of the other and body swap

MissSpottyJane said...

I could never choose between them. They're all so sweet.

Anonymous said...

Not to confuse the situation further, but there is a 4th gabriella. I think she's Disney brand and she has a completely different look. I'll try to find a picture.

Anonymous said...

http://media.photobucket.com/image/gabriella%20hsm%20disney%20doll/myscenebarbierox/My%2520Toys/2.jpg