Wednesday, July 19, 2023

Animal Planet Play Sets! Shark Week Is Coming!

 Hey Gang!

You might remember my post "Bact To St. Malcolm!" where I introduce you to some of the sea creatures, staff and activities that go on around St. Malcolm. 

What I didn't tell you is that I got a lot of my sea creatures from Animal Plant Mega Shark & Orca Encounter playsets and Wild Republic playsets.  The shark Dick Cheyenne and the mini version of Nelson came from  that set. The penguin came from The Wild Republic Aquatic Moveable playset.  I found both sets on sale at Dress Barn.  The scale on everything wasn't the same. The animals were 1/6 scale but the action figure and boat were closer to 1/12 scale.

Animal Plant Mega Shark & Orca Encounter playsets

back of box
Pieces in side: One Great White shark, one Orca whale, one Tiger shark, one barracuda, boat action figure diver and supplies.

The Wild Republic Aquatic Moveable playset

Set includes:Great White Shark, Sea Turtle, Sea Otter, Beluga Whale, Dolphin, Orca, Seal, Penguin, Oceanographer, Camera, Flashlight.


Figure.


I do spent a lot of time on Sundays watching Animal Plant! So when I saw the sets in the toy section, I had to stop and look. I was lucky enough that the mini Nelson figure looked really close to my GI Joe with the blonde hair. 
Mini Nelson
Big Nelson

Having both sizes meant I could do things for a diorama in a small scale that would be hard to do in a large scale.  Since then I have gotten a few more sea creatures as you might have notice from my penguin post "News In The Penguin Pen" (which I need to redo) and hope to make a Sea World/Aquarium for St. Malcolm.

Purchasing animal and doing a diorama for them means research on my part and I always learn cool things about animals that I can share with you. So I didn't know that Great White Sharks and Orca inhabit the same waters and compete for food.

OK, Thanks For Looking!



No comments: