Wednesday, February 13, 2019

Adding New Harry Potter Dolls To My Collection!

Hey Gang!

I don't know if they have been marked down in your Walmart but my Walmart
has reduced the price on some Harry Potter doll to...can you believe it...$2.00!
Well I couldn't believe it! So  I purchased one more Ron Weasley, a Minerva
McGonagall (which I have been eyeing for a while) an additional Albus
Dumbledore (purchased one for $5.00 on Facebook before I knew that they
were on sale) all for $2.00 each! In my store Harry, Hermione and the Quidditch
Harry and Draco dolls were not on sale.  Boo Woo!

You might have seen my video of the month on the Albus Dumbledore beard
replacement.  Not sure if I am up for that yet but I have him in case I do!

I share this info on the dolls with Jeanie Schmidt of Adventures In Barbieville.
She told me that they weren't on sale in her store.  So check you store and then
check back in a few weeks. Sometimes the timeline in stores differ.

I cut the beard on my first Dumbledore doll!
   
I think he will be kinda of a Bad A$$ and I plan to give him tattoos. I am looking
for temporary tattoos. If you know of a store I can find them. please let me know.
Young people can't have all the fun!  My older dolls need to have some fun too!
I am taking suggestions on the second doll!



Now for Minerva I search photos of the doll and the woman,  Dame Maggie Smith!
She was a hottie when she was younger!

 I wanted to soften the look of the doll by removing the wrinkles!  That what I
did with both of my Happy Family Grandmas.  I only wish I could do it on myself!

I also was wondering what her hair would look like down!  You would think as
tight as her hair looks in that top knot that alone would give her a face-lift  I
was not trying to make her look 20 or 30.  I wanted her to be one of my
mature dolls. 


I gave her a wedge cut( The back of her hair was kinda choppy before I cut it. This
made it more even. If I had cut it as short as the short parts in the back, she would
be bald. ) shortened her eyebrows and removed the lip color. I want to paint her lips
a different color but I don't have the color I want right now.  She also needs
earrings, wardrobe and a story line. I am at the end of my budget for February
and I can't purchase anything of those things for her right now. I did put her on a
Raquelle Fashionista body!  I had one I was using for a doll I hadn't introduced.
I show more pictures of her when she is fleshed out.  I am calling her Sloane Kenisen
and she is a cousin to Ian.


My Ron Weasley will get a new hair color.  I am not sure what color. I am taking
suggestions for that too!

OK, Thanks For Looking!

4 comments:

Jeanie said...

Hey, thanks for the shout-out! My McG still has her hair up. I've not messed with it at all. I did change her clothes, though. Why did you body-swap her? Was she broken? Mine's gonna be the granny to my main character family! I have been brainstorming for when Albus moves to town... provided I can managed to not mangle the beard thing too badly.

Ms. Leo said...

Thanks for your comment Jeanie! I was glad to give you the shot-out! I am hoping others find your blog as interesting as I do! I body-swapped her because I wanted the shoes option for her! I tried to put some pants on her and her feet were to big for the pant leg. I was searching around my collection for shoes that might work for her and I only found one pair. Her body is good but I might sell it unless I can do a leg transplant!

Jeanie said...

That's the beauty part of never putting shoes on them! LOL

Jeanie said...

Let me know what sort of tats you'd like for him and I'll keep an eyeball out for them.