Friday, January 4, 2019

New Kid On The Block!

Hey Gang!

I just found the new Team Stacy boy!


As you can guess he is being called Todd but since he looks Hispanic
to me, I am calling him Mateo!
 He come in a stripes shirt, shorts and gray sneakers!
Yes! He has molded hair but in a small doll that is what I want!  I am not as interested in
having to style his hair!
 I have heard some say that they think his face is kinda strange. I don't think so.
It might be the eyes that makes them feel that way.  His eyes are more like what you would
see if someone customized him.  What they would have done.  Maybe a little too much
eyelashes. I still think he is cute!
 I really like the texture of the shirt.  You don't get much of that.
 I would have liked longer shorts.  I think that is what kids are wearing.
 I am not sure how I feel about the sneakers with the tongue of the shoes hanging.
They have slits in the back.
Stacie marked on bottom.
Shirt velcros all the way down 


 Shorts gather at the waist....
 all the way around!
 The body is consider 2018! Why do you ask?
 His body is slightly different from the Stacie body!
He doesn't have the slight chest on the torso that the Stacie doll does.  I don't know
if that is a big deal but it must have been for them to make a different body!
 He also comes with a paint brush and a easel/stand.
 It is the same size but a different color  that the one with the artist set.
 If you were wondering if the shirt can fit other dolls... it can.
 So here is Mateo with his sister Rafaella!


BTW, there are two other dolls in the line!  A Stacie and An AA doll...Janet? I haven't
seen them.  As a matter of fact he was the only one that they had in Target.



I have seen him and Stacie on line but not the AA girl.  And why are we seeing these
dolls online but not on the Mattel site?

OK, Thanks For Looking!

5 comments:

Farrah said...

Well, he's pretty cute! Thanks for sharing your review as I didn't even know he existed! :)

Jeanie said...

Huh. I wrote a whole blog about him having the exact same noggin as the Babysitter Inc dude, but this fella looks like a good blend of that guy and the Club Chelsea boy that I named Bobby. Maybe I just saw bad pictures or something....

Jeanie said...

I totally stole one of your pictures and updated my blog about this doll. If that ain't cool, yell at me and I'll take it down. (I did give you credit and stuff, though.)

Muff said...

Well, isn't he a cutie patootie! I know a lot of people dislike molded hair, but I think Mattel has been very stylish with their molding choices. Would I like to see molded hair on a girl doll? If it's a short hairstyle, sure, why not?

Ms. Leo said...

Thanks for your comments Farrah, Jeanie, Muff and The grandmommy!

Farrah, Yeah, I didn't know that they were coming out either! This is the first time that I hadn't heard anything about a doll until it was released.

Jeanie, I posted to you post! Alot of people think he look like the white prince Aidan doll.

Muff, You are open about the possibilities! I would have to see the girl dolls first.

The grandmommy, I think he is cute too!