Wednesday, January 10, 2018

Another OOPS...Maybe?

Hey Gang,

Do you remember a while back when I purchased two Chelsea Renee/Delia dolls
and the faces were slightly different?

Renee/Delia....They are the same doll.  The faces are slightly different!
The first one is redressed  different! The second has on the original outfit!
Well, it happen again
I purchase the new Chelsea boy at TRU

With big brown eyes!
Well I saw him again at Walmart for half what I paid at TRLU.  So I decide to buy one more!
 The eyes are different!
 Not only is the size different but the color is different too!
 It makes them easy to have them as different characters.
 The new dolls hair is more matte where the older one is shiny!
 The size of the eyes to me gives them a different expression.
  I don't know if you can tell  from the picture but there is also a difference
in the sneakers!
 The paint job on the hair is better on the new one!  It comes to the edges.


I plan to paint the hair on the one Black and maybe the eyes too!

OK, Thanks For Looking!

8 comments:

Phyllis said...

Well, it is like you got 2 different little boys and you know there is a shortage of boys for that age group! So I guess you got lucky!

Jaye's Doll Space said...

I do look at the faces of the dolls when picking one. I like to check the eyes to be sure they look good. They at not all the same. But it is okay if you want them to be different characters.

Georgia Girl said...

That is interesting that they are different. A friend of mine found two at Walmart that looked different. I believe that the eyes were different like your dolls. She planned to only get one, but after seeing that one was different, she purchased them both.

D7ana said...

Congrats on getting them. They're both cute little boys ;-)

Black Doll Enthusiast said...

They do look different. If I ever see him locally, I will examine each one to see if they are all the same or if there are different ones in the mix like you've found.

dbg

Jewell said...

I see this thing quite often nowadays. I'm guessing they came from different factories overseas. At any rate, it works out perfectly for you since you get to have more characters. Congrats!

april_n_paris said...

Well....look at it like this....the difference in the eyes helps you tell the twins apart!!! LOL!! They are both such cutie pies!!!!

Ms. Leo said...

Thanks for your comments Phyllis, Jaye, Georgia Girl, D7ana, dbg of BDE, Jewell and April!

Phyllis, Yes, normally I have only found one of any boy at the store at one time. So to find more than one is a plus!


Jaye, Georgia Girl and April, Since the Barbie Basics line there have been issues with face paint, hair and bodies on dolls! You do have to check the quality of dolls before purchasing and before opening! I too look at the face and now you really need to look at the body too!
The difference in the face helps to make them different so I will aid them in that process!

D7ana, I think so too!

dbg of BDE, They started showing up around Christmas and I see him more now! So keep an eye out!

Jewell, I did think about them coming from different factories! I am just glad on they the eyes on both are cute and looks good!