Wednesday, November 23, 2016

My Sweet Petites!

Hey gang!

Besides my purchase of two Tall Barbies and one Curvy Barbie, I did purchase two Petite Barbies!
So her they are!
Blue Brocade!
Yes she does have a face close to the SIS Chandra but I got here anyway!
Her eyes don't look sideways.  I debating her body thou.
Crazy For Coral
She has the Skipper head but I just love the hair, the complexion and coloring
Side-by-side!
They both have the petite body but....
Coral has the flat feet!
Side-by-Side!
No shoe sharing for these two for now!
I put her in Moana's outfit to see how it looks!  A little tight in the back of the top
but not too bad.  The outfit looks kinda nice on her.

Many have shown her compared to Skipper and the regular barbie.  I think a closer
comparison is the Fashion Fever body or the "troll body" as it was called.  So here
is the comparison.
The torso is about the same but the legs are longer...
but the troll has click bend knees!  For play, that is a big difference!
the breast are a tad higher and the chest is a little wider.
I might change out the head on my old Chandra that I had to paint the eyes!
She likes this old Fashion Fever skirt with the Sparkle top!
With Fashion Fever pants!  The perfect length!

In the butterfly skirt!

OK, Thanks For Looking!

10 comments:

Georgia Girl said...

That is great t see that she can wear the FF clothes. I was planning to put my petite girls in the Sparkle Girlz clothing. Great post!

Phyllis said...

The Skipper is my favorite of these two. I rebodied my Skipper to an articulated body. She isn't Petite anymore, she is now Original height, but she is rocking the new body! I do love all of the new choices Mattel has come up with lately!

The grandmommy said...

I like the first, blue dress. I don't think I have ever seen flat Barbie shoes. I am going on a search for them.

Muff said...

A couple of cutie patooties! I saw somewhere on Facebook that Mattel is going to release clothing sets for each of the body types.

Jaye's Doll Space said...

The 'troll body'? I have never heard that before. That's funny.

I think both new dolls are cute. I do find it weird one has flat feet and the other doesn't.

Brini said...

No telling why the feet are different, must be a Mattel thing. Thanks for the review on both cuties.

Ms. Leo said...

Thanks for your comments Georgia Girl, Phyllis, The grandmommy, Muff and Jaye!

Georgia Girl, many of the old FF clothes are to narrow in the hips for other dolls. It nice to know you can put them on the petites!

Phyllis, She stayed on that body until I finish posting and then she went on a new body too! She really should have been a taller doll!

The grandmommy, you should be able to find the flat shoes pretty easily! They can also fit Skipper, Marykate and Ashley, and Happy family grandma shoes.

Muff, I hope they are hooker outfits!

Jaye, Yeah that what they called them when they came out. There wasn't much love for that body or the balloon head (big head) dolls that followed!

D7ana said...

Nice seeing your sweet petites, Ms. Leo!

I got the Skipper-faced one. I like how both of the smaller dolls are adult-build dolls and not kiddie-built. Thanks for sharing clothing tips for them. Will be time to raid the doll clothes bins soon!

Bailey North said...

I ended up using a Kenya Riviera body(found on ebay) for my Blue Brocade's body. It was very hard to take off the head. I was advised to cut it off but, of course, I had to see for myself and broke the stem. Luckily I was able to use a spare part to fix it. Her neck is a little shorter than Blue's but the skin tone is very similar. I love her direct gaze. I don't think I will modify her eyes at all. Love your site!

Ms. Leo said...

Thanks for your comments D7ana and Bailey!

D7and, I did rebody my Skipper face doll! and I like her on the new articulated body better. I sure that keeping her the size she is will work too!

Bailey, I did that too! Glad you were able to salvage it!