Thursday, September 15, 2016

Video Of the Month!

Hey Gang!

Here is my video for this month!  It is by Sallyheartsjack80!  
He is a real character!
It is a review of Fashionista #45 Boho Fringe Tall!



So here is my Boho Fringe and my review of her and Fab Fringe tall dolls.
First Boho in the dress!
Since I posted the video and others have reviewed also, this will be quick but I will
note somethings that other have not.
Now the back.
She does have a great version of the Desiree head-sculpt. Mine has a little
mole by the eye.  I don't know if other dolls do also.  Those of you with this
doll, please let me know. She is also a different complexion than Mattel normally
does. She is not the older AA/Christie complexion, nor is she the complexion
of the SIS dolls either. She has a different undertone than most of the
Mattel dolls.  More like an IT complexion.
Outfit #2!  This is the outfit that really sold me on the doll!
Sallyheartsjack80! is right! This outfit is well made and reminds me
of the Fashion Avenue line! The heft of the material is different than what
we normally see now!

 My Apollonia really wants this outfit! 
 She says it is a little short for her anyway!
 Outfit #3, not much style but great pieces! 
 The pink looks good on her!


I wanted to see if her shoes were like some shoe I have from another fashionista.


They weren't!


Next up- Fab Fringe! 

There was something about this doll I had to have! I have a ton of this head-sculptM
Mbili but I still had to have her!  I just love her hair!


Back in the day, we use to get this look with Kool-Aid!
Outfit is not bad. Like the other,  not much style but great pieces!
Yes the pattern is just on the front.  I was suprised that there wasn't velcro openings on the back of this and the tops from Boho Fringe.
Cute boots!
Yeah, the hair!
I have seen it restyled on blogs and flickr.  So it is not just a one cut look!

Warning Nude Dollies!

Here they are with out their clothes!  Long torso.

 I noticed some issues with the legs and ankle! This little dots!
 They are not on Curvy or Petite!
 Lines on the legs too!
Hopefully you can see it! You see it in person.  I don't know if my non AA dolls
had this issue!  I sold their bodies but didn't notice when I had them.






OK, Thanks For Looking!

6 comments:

Georgia Girl said...

Great video! Thanks for sharing. I have checked out some of his other video's.

Vanessa said...

I was like you when it came to the tall red head. I just had to have her. I need to rebody her, so she can hang out. I love that second outfit in the package. The suede like skirt and top are so cute.

Ms. Leo said...

Thanks for your comments Georgia Girl and Vanessa!

Georgia, he is a character but does good reviews!

Vanessa, did you purchase them both too? Did you have the issue with the lines on the legs and does your honor have a mole? I rebodied my redhead! She is so much fun to play with!

Vanessa said...

No, I only purchased the red head. I didn't even look at the legs on my doll because I knew she wasn't going to be staying on that immovable body.

Muff said...

That guy is so fun! Thanks for sharing. I really like the clothing combo, but them not making that dress a full pattern is ridiculous.

april_n_paris said...

Oh Ms. Leo, Thank you, thank you, thank you for reposting this video. I've been so bumbed out by the political news. But as soon as I saw this video, it put a smile on my face. I don't collect these dolls, but it brought me so much joy to see someone love a doll soooo much. I hadn't planned on looking at the entire video, but he is such a character with an infectious smile and "joie de vivre." I do agree with him on one point....there is no reason the pattern of the dress can't be on the back. It's one of the many things I don't like about some Barbie clothing. Thank you for sharing.