Thursday, February 18, 2016

Head Swaps For 2015!

Hey Gang!

So here are some of the last of my rebodied dolls for 2015.  I am trying to rebody
all the dolls I use regularly. It makes it easier for blogging, photos and dios. I got a
bunch of bodies from the thrift store in September and had to hind them when I got
home.  I took me quite a while to remember I had them and to remember where I
hid them.

Last year I rebodied my Mattel Prince Naveen doll, known in my dollie world as
Rahim Reeves, onto a body that had three click knees.  That was good but it wasn’t the best.
He is now rebodied on to a Happy Family father doll.  He can now bend at the
knee and bend at the elbow and twist at the waist. His job will be as a
Pharmaceutical Sales Representative. He is wearing the Donald Trump suit.
I also have a Hannah Montana Lola doll.  Lola, known in my dollie world as
Phoebe, is on a Hannah Montana Stylin ‘ Fashion doll body.
The new body has arms that bend at the elbow and three click knees. She is
one of my college girls.  She loves color and she is a bit of a free spirit too!
My Princess Kida doll, known in my dollie world as Vikki, has been or her
original body since I got her.  I have been able to cover up the medallion
with a top but that is not what I really wanted.  I love her long white/gray
hair.  Long gray hair is unusual.  Many people with gray hair cut it but she
will keep her's long!

I have painted her eyes and now rebodied her onto a Fashionista Artsy body.
Full body shot!
I will feature her later as one of my Gray Foxes but not now!
I have had a Taylor Swift doll for a long time but haven’t decided if I wanted 
to sell her or not.  I don’t really think she looks like the artist. I liked her face
but didn’t like the body.  She had one of the Hannah Montana style bodies with
non bendable arms that sung. Nothing is worst than hearing one of those singing
dolls go off at 3:00 am!  Anyway, She will now be known in my dollie world
as Marilyn.
The eyelashes make her look Marilyn Monroe-ish.  She is on a Disney store
Rapunzel body.  She will be one of my college girls.
Another doll that I have had for reboding for a while is New York Minute
Ashley doll. She this doll has a different face that the older Mary Kate and
Ashley dolls.  I will have to post on that so you can see.
She is also on a Rapunzel body. Her name  is Alli and will be a high
school girl.
My extra Disney store Tiana bodies when to my Francie.
She has been on a Liv doll body. It wasn't a good match but was articulated
This new body is much better!
and Teen Skipper Nikki dolls.
Disney Store Classic Tiana 2014
I have tried to remove the necklace. It smeared.  I will try it again. 
It should come off.
The complexion is a good match.
 Lastly, My extra Fashionista Artsty body went to older model Pocahontas doll.
She received her new body and a hair cut.  Her name is Anita

OK, Thanks For Looking!

12 comments:

jSarie said...

They all look good on their new bodies!

I'd actually been wondering about re-bodying some Disney dolls, so this was perfect timing for me to read -thanks! :)

Phyllis said...

Wow, you have been a busy girl! I will bet these dolls are much happier with their new mobility!

The grandmommy said...

Everyone seems to be happy with their new bodies!

RoxanneRoxanne said...

I love seeing your head swaps. All of your dolls look great on their new bodies!

Jaye's Doll Space said...

I can see lots of your people will be very happy with their new bodies. I hope you can get the necklace fully removed.

Carrickters said...

That's quite a lot of rebodying. You were very fortunate to get so many articulated or somewhat articulated bodies that were good colour matches. Your dolls must all be very happy with their new bodies.

Brini said...

You have been busy over there for sure! Glad to learn about new bodies just in case I need to change some out. They really do look good on their new bodies.

Male Doll World said...

It is nice to see the swapping of heads on different bodies.

Ms. Leo said...

Thanks for your comments jSarie, Phyllis, The grandmommy, RoxanneRoxanne, Janainah, Carrickters, Brini and Male Doll World!

jSarie, I am able to find Disney bodies easier, cheaper and in more tones than Barbies

Phyllis, The grandmommy, RoxanneRoxanne and Male Doll World. I like finding bodies that I can use for other dolls. They always seem happier and like they want to be played with after they are rebodied.

Janainah, Carrickters and Brini There are more body colors in Disney. But like Mattel there aren't as many dark colored dolls.

Unknown said...

Hello from Spain: I like articulated bodies .. I like seeing your head swaps. Fabulous dolls and outfits. we keep in touch

Muff said...

I've never heard of or seen a Taylor Swift doll before. I should have known that one was made though with how popular she is.

Ms. Leo said...

Thanks for your comments Marta and Muff!

Marta, sometimes it is hard to find the right outfit.

Muff, I would have thought that there would have been a new release of the doll or an updated version but no!