Monday, July 26, 2021

Guess What! Ms. Leo Has Gotten Fat!

 Hey Gang!

Guess what! Ms. Leo has gotten Fat! And no, it is not just from the pandemic! 
I have been slowly putting on the pounds. Creep, creep, creep, creep! I once was a 
size 2, then a size 4, then a size 6, then an 8 and now I am fighting to stay 
at an 8 and maybe a 6/8.I have accepted that I will never be a 2 or a 4 again. 
So I plan to turn some of those beloved Ms. Leo’s clothes in to some doll clothes!

Colored tops
 

I have several cute tops that I plan to use for outfits for some of my girls.
The first two things I made were some dresses for KiKi!
She will be featured in a challenge project that I am making

This red one made is like a causal gown or beach wear.

The next is this caftan.


I have a few things I will need to make for other dolls but this is it for now!

OK, Thanks For Looking!

6 comments:

april_n_paris said...

Good for you. I’ve been cutting up old and worn out clothes for quite some time. Saves on fabric and you it’s a nice way to still remember the good times you (or a loved one) had while wearing it!

Lynn said...

Your clothes turned out great! I've been working on a caftan for a while, but haven't gotten it right yet. Always inspiring to see a good recycle project:@)

Ms. Leo said...

Thanks for your comments April and Lynn! I want you to know that I have started back walking as a way to get my weight back under control.

April, You are right about the fabric being a nice way to remember times and people.

Lynn, the fabric used for the caftan was inspiring. I always love the print but on me the print was horizontal and not flattering. The scale still looks good on KiKi and I have more fabric to make something else in that print.

Chris said...

These outfits are beautiful, I especially like the caftan. Great repurpose of old clothes!

Jeanie said...

I repurpose old T-shirts like that. My skills and inclination, though, are just to make "work shirts" (Think the old beat up things you might wear to paint the house).

If your T has a small design on the front chest, it's almost a perfect size for a doll work shirt to have a full-size image! I do stick to patterned areas of the shirt, just so the work shirts don't overtake their wardrobe. Because I'm a big gal and it has been known to happen.

Ms. Leo said...

Thanks for your comments Chis and Jeanie!

Chris, I was going to use the fabric to make a skirt for a doll and I still may but the pattern just said ethnic print. So, I had to make something for KiKi with it!

Jeanie, I often look at your blog to see what you dolls are wearing to get ideas. Now I will have to look again and see your "work shirts"!