Tuesday, October 27, 2020

Gifts from a Dolly Friend!

 Hey Gang!

I recieved some really great  handmade doll clothes in the mail from a fellow blogger and Youtuber Shasarignis Barbie & Co.  I remember a while back when she sent her lovely fashions to Van's Doll Treasures Vanessa!  I thought...how wonderful that must be to receive such wonderful clothes for your doll! As with many of you, I do miss Vanessa and think about her blog and her presents in the dollyverse!

 If you want to see some of the things I was sent, here is a link to some of the handmade fashions that have been created.   I will show you some of what I got and how truly wonderful they are!



So any of you who have hand sewn a item knows that the smaller the item, the smaller the stitch need to be! So to have tiny, even,straight hand sewn stitches is challenging!  

You will note that the vest is lined with buttons! The over lock stitches are excellent and the garments are fun and flirty!

Name tag inside of vest!
Hem!

I showed them to my husband who was very impressed. His father used to be a tailor and showed him how to sew. He admired the stitch work.  We had a long talk about different types of hand stitches and how it is a lost art.

A few pieces model by a few of my dolls! Don't tell Ms. D! She didn't know these came in and there were modeling opportunities!

Jewel

Francie
Shiori
Lielit




OK, Thanks For Looking!

4 comments:

Black Doll Enthusiast said...

What a very thoughtful gift. Enjoy!

I miss Vanessa, too.

dbg

Shasarignis said...

Hi, thank you so much for your post. It is realy my pleasure to give some of my fashions. And thank you so much to accept them. I realy like to see how you dress your dolls with them. See you soon. ��

Chris said...

Very nice. I make a lot of my dolls' clothing and know how difficult it is.

Ms. Leo said...

Thanks for your comments dbg of BDE, Shasariginis and Chris!

dbg of BDE, I too thought it was thoughtful and generous! My dolls were loving the new outfits!

Shasariginis i want to thank you so much on my blog in front of everyone for your generous handmade gift of doll clothes! One of the things I love so much about blogging is the sharing in the doll community! Your gift has revitalized me in my commitment to blog!

Chris, One of the reason I haven't made as many clothes for my dolls is that I know how difficult it is to hand sew! Sometimes machine sewing on small items can be