Sunday, December 16, 2018

One More Holiday Sweater And A Few Holiday Vests!

Hey Gang!

I thought I had gotten what holiday sweaters Target had but I found out that there
was one more!
 This white and sequin  sweater with red star!
It looks similar in style to this striped one I got a while back!  I  kept one of the
striped sweaters with the star and used a seam ripper to remove the star on another. 
I decided to remove the star on this one.
 Trisha is our model for this sweater!  She is wear it with white pants with silver studs!
 Trisha: This is a great outfit for holiday gatherings!

I also spotted these vests from AC Moore in center city Phila. The good stuff in any 
store in CC Phila are the first things to go! So I don't know if there were more vests.  
These were all I spotted.
 From the back!
 I gave them a hit with the blow dryer to open them up!
I don't really like the pockets and their position on the vests  I might remove the and
fix them more to my liking!
 I don't like the wooden buttons either. They are not toscale and distract from the vests.
 Here they are in comparison to the ones I got last year.  
The ones from last year didn't have pockets.
The ones from last year are really great!  They are excellent for my male dolls  and the
sequin buttons are better than the wooden buttons.  There is still remnants of hot glue
on the vest.  If anyone know how to remove it all, let me know!
 Buttons are more to scale!
 The lining of the new vests are felt while the lining of the older vest is cotton.
 Luther in the vest! As you can see it works well on broad dolls and IT males.

OK, Thanks For Looking!

6 comments:

Jeanie said...

I'm hoping to find some of these sweaters under the tree or in the markdown bins after the holiday. Especially ones big enough for my dudes! My dude wardrobe is mostly "work shirts" (clumsily sewn tank tops I made) or military uniforms.

Presto said...

These are so cute! I love when you can find stuff already made that requires only a little altering for the dolls to enjoy!

Black Doll Enthusiast said...

Here's what I wrote when I removed hot glue from a Target ornament last year.

I removed most of the glue residue by placing a small piece of cotton fabric on top of the glue areas and ironing over these with a warm iron. The iron melted the glue enough for most of it to attach to the cotton fabric and peel off when the fabric was lifted.

I hope this helps!

dbg

Ms. Leo said...

Thanks for your comment dbg of BDE! I will give it a try!

Black Doll Enthusiast said...

You're welcome, Ms. Leo!

dbg

Ms. Leo said...

Thanks for your comments Jeanie and Presto! Sorry I didn't respond sooner!

Jeanie, there weren't many there before Christmas. I wish you luck finding the after. Hopefully they will be on sale! Check through them thou! Some weren't sew straight.

Presto, So true! Like clothes for myself, I love when I don't have to have them altered.