Monday, July 2, 2018

Documenting Old Playset!

Hey Gang!

I am documenting playsets for my record on my blog. As you may know, part
of the reason for my blog is to document my doll related purchases.  I often
buy thing and open it at the register, telling the clerk I am trying to decrease my
carbon footprint. I will be leave the packaging  there as part of their  carbon footprint.
They love that. 😉 Or I put it in the trash before I even leave
the store.

Back in 2011 I purchased three Dora the explorer set. I got a really good deal
with free shipping!  They were no longer in stores, so I jumped on it! I found
another one a little later but I have bee using the items off and on in photos.
I got the cafeteria set.... 


The  art room...
And the school Room.

One of the things I love about these sets is that the backdrop can be used for dioramas.
The backdrops have pieces to helped them stand and they don't fall over.
Kenyatta in the art set!
The backdrop "feet" ! There are normally  one at each corner that are "L" shape
There are one or two in the center of the of the backdrop.
Stacie Ricky and Brie
I know I have used these backdrops and so have many others. 
Reecie in the red chair from the classroom.


Terrence in the green chair  from the cafeteria and ...
 the art cabinet is in his office!

Another good thing is that furniture isn't pink and is well made.  Although the 
Dora doll isn't Barbie size,  the scale of the furniture is right for Barbie!


Another set that I got when I first started collecting and haven't shown is this 

World Peacekeepers Medical set with doctor!  I order this for J.C. Penny's when
they still had a catalog department.

I have show the action figure.  He is the father of one of my college girls!.
 He was at the airport! He is John.
I have used a few pieces from this set but will use them more in my hospital.

OK, Thanks For Looking!

5 comments:

AG Lanc said...

Good stuff! I really like the Dora Explorer sets!

The grandmommy said...

fabulous pieces and smart uses of them! I like the idea of discarding the packaging.

Ms. Leo said...

Thanks for your comments AG Lanc and The grandmommy! They still can be found on ebay from time to time if you keep looking. The ease of the background really makes them a good investment. Discarding the trash at the store makes it easy to hide my purchases also! :)

D7ana said...

Congratulations on getting the Dora sets and the World Peacekeepers Medical set! I had wondered if the former would fit Barbie-scale - nice to see that done here. Ah, the World Peacekeepers play sets are excellent. I had (have?) the bunk bed set and the gym set and the donkey one. (Alas, I think I lost the donkey set.) Great to see the scenes of your 1:6 crew in them. Helpful to others, too, for identifying pieces.

Ms. Leo said...

Thanks for your comment D7ana!
I know that in the process of moving, many things get misplaced. Hopefully the lost Donkey set will turn up. I have always wanted the bunk bed set and the headquarters set. I think I might have to Froggy them. I am not familiar with the gym. I will have to look that up!