Thursday, May 11, 2023

May Is Disney Month! Live Action Ariel Doll!

Hey Gang!

I was really excited about the Live Action Little Mermaid movie with Halle Bailey. Many little Black were excited also to think that they could be Ariel. 

I was surprised that there was some push back on a black person playing Ariel. I didn't think there was anything about her character that said she had to be white. It is not like the character was of European like Irish or English or something.

Halle Bailey

 Here she is Halle with her sister Chloe.
Photo from the movie!

Promo Photo of Live Action Ariel doll from Disney! 

As you can see it is a good representation of the actress. 

There is a Disney store version of the doll too but this is one of the new Mattel dolls. Mattel normally does a good celebrity face!

I don't like the molded on top and tail.
I would have liked a cloth top and tail that covered doll legs. The colors on the tail and body are very pretty.

My Photos
In the box!
She is in two parts. The Body and the tail.
Without the tail she is shorter than Barbie and the head doesn't seem as oversize( balloon head)
as the old Mattel Disney dolls.

She has a really great face!

So as you might imagine, I am not a fan of a tail only doll. I had to find her an articulated body!

This Extra doll was a good fit. She has the same headsculpt as my Jamie. 
I purchased this doll for the clothes so I don't need the head.

I'm not a Extra fan either but they make good body donors if on the expensive side.


Warning! Nude dolls

She is a OK match for Ariel.

Rebodied!

OK, Thanks For Looking!



No comments: