Wednesday, November 7, 2018

Bate and Switch!

Hey Gang!


I was surprised and excited when they announce that Mattel was going to
produce a doll in the image of Iris Apfel!
This colorful senior and style icon is wholly unique!
The promotional photos looked promising too!
The Bate!
What I was hoping for was a petite doll, with an older face and hopefully
on a articulated body! A doll like the one in the pictures above promo shots!
What I am seeing so far is fashion dolls that are nice but not really
looking like what got my hopes up!
Versions 2 which I am guessing is to supposed to be the icon.
 Version 1
Both these dolls are listed as Styled By Iris Apfel.  This give me hope that we 
might still see the  doll shown below!

I know that there are often changes in the promo photo and the doll released.
But in my mind, these dolls aren't even close!

There is still time for the promo doll to be released! My hopes are still up.  I

OK, Thanks For Looking!



3 comments:

Jeanie said...

Those dolls are nice, but you're right. The promo one is much more appealing to me.

AG Lanc said...

I wish they'd release dolls. The two bate dolls and the ones recently available for preorders. If I'm not mistaken I think we were only getting 2 dolls affiliated with her. www.papusilemele.com did a list of 2018 dolls earlier this year.

april_n_paris said...

Oh I can see how you are disappointed. The actual doll is quite nice but not the same thing!!!! I guess the Mattel didn,t feel like investing in a new face sculpt.