Wednesday, November 15, 2017

More Thrift Store Find Not To Harp On It!

Hey Gang!

While at again one of my favorite thrift store I found this 1/6 size harp!

It is the perfect size for Barbie!

I found a small harp back in 2011 at TRU but nothing this size!
 Comparing!
There was nothing on it to say who it was made by.  No marks, stamps
or anything.  I though it might be made by Byers' Choice LTD but I didn't
see anything that look like it on their site.


There is something missing here but I don't know what it is. I think I will fill it in with
wood putty and paint it over.

 The strings!

I still think I need a stool or chair but it is a great diorama piece!

If you know who it is by, please let me know and send any info you
might have!

OK, Thanks For Looking!






10 comments:

Presto said...

Wow, that is a gorgeous harp! Great find!

BlackKitty said...

What a great find! I've been looking all over for a doll harp, unsuccessfully. I think the missing parts are the harp pedals, you can cut them out of cardboard.

Anonymous said...

Very cool find!

Farrah said...

Cool, that really is the perfect size for her! I think you found yourself a little treasure! :)

Ms. Leo said...

Thanks for your comments Presto, BlackKitty, MillicentAndFriends and Farrah, It was $2.99! I ran out of the store screaming "start the car,start the car!"

Presto, You know when you go to the thrift store, you have to take your time and look. If not you will miss stuff like this.

BlackKitty, Somehow I don't think it the pedal. The pedal would be on the base and not the baseboard which is higher on the instrument.

MillicentAndFriends and Farrah, I didn't have a story for this doll and now I think she will be a jazz harpist like Dorothy Ashby.


Georgia Girl said...

Now that was an awesome find!! It was probably previously owned by a music collector. Wow is all that I can say. I would have been super excited to find a piece such as that one! Your holiday doll is lovely. I am hoping to catch her on clearance. She looks great rebodied.

Ms. Leo said...


Thanks for your comment Georgia Girl! I couldn't believe it my self!

Jaye's Doll Space said...

That harp is awesome. Great find!

Muff said...

Really nice craftsmanship. I love stuff like that.

april_n_paris said...

Now that's what I call a GREAT find!!!