Thursday, October 14, 2021

New Fashionista Guys !

 Hey Gang!

I used my blog as a way to chronicle my doll purchases and to share them with you. I recently made a new doll purchase, I had few purchase I made this year but had not posted and I had one older purchase that hadn't seen the light of my blog. They will all be in this post and will hope that this is everyone but it might not be. 

I took some of these pictures with my old camera hence the spots!  The last two where taken with my new camera!  Yah!
 

Fist is this guy that I am calling Kentin AKA "Dimples"!

Mattel Promo Photos
Fashionista Ken #163

Close on the face but you can't see the dimples as well in this shot.
Multi color sweatshirt!
Closeup on the dimples!




You can tell from the photos but he is kinda dark!  I thinking if I change his hair 
color, he could pass for a lot of different races. So that is what will happen with him.


My second purchase was this guy! 

Not sure what he is called but you can't go wrong adding another AA male doll.

Mattel Promo Photos
Fashionista Ken #162

I really thought his outfit looks more like PJ's than something you would wear out!
It would have been nice if he came on an articulated body because he is more the 
complexion of some of the older AA Steve/Ken dolls for the 70's and 80's. Mattel has
never done an articulated body to match those guys!
The eyes were good which is important now a days! When purchasing a doll you 
have to make sure the face paint is correct. I was surprised they gave him hair.  Do you 
think that means all Ken will have real hair from now on! NO! It will be catch as catch can!

I wouldn't have painted his lips that color.  So I removed it with nail polish remover.
The... "PJ's" are well done and are printed on the front and back! They doesn't always
happen.

And loud sneakers are a thing now, so they work.
The fade isn't as good as my older Steven doll but it OK, too!
It is funny but I got this guy as a gift.
 He has the same head on a Patriot action figure body.  I thinking they will be father and son.
He has hands from some action figure.

Third is this guy!

I was happy to find this doll because although I didn't need the headsculpt, getting a wheelchair, an outfit and articulated body for 19.99 was a bargain! Wheelchair Becky is going for high prices. 

Mattel Promo Photos
Fashionista Ken #167





Out of the  box!
It is the usually Ken face! Note to Mattel, it time to change the primary headsculpt you 
are using for ken.  Why they painted the lips this color is far beyond me.
The outfit and sneakers can easily be worked into any Ken wardrobe
I think this wheelchair is a better choice that the Becky wheelchair too.  
I can use this articulated body for many of my newer male dolls.
He has more articulation that the old Fashionista body and  is a little darker.
Body comparison!
I thought the body can be used for this guy! "Dimples"!
He is looking good on this body!

Finally this guy was add a few years ago! 

Mattel Promo Photos
Fashion Ken #12
I originally purchased him for his outfit. He has the Ryan fashionista Ken head 
sculpt but he was done as an Asian Ken doll. I think he was the second Asian Ken.  
I love the glasses!  Sadly Mattel hasn't done an articulated Broad body yet.

but I put his head on a Justin Beiber body and decided to keep him!  But when I really 
knew he was a keeper was when I put him on a Dumbledore body.
He is hoping to be a part of the Chinese New Years Festival! 
He is on Dumbledore body but is wear a Hagrid shirt!
So he will need a name and a background story.

OK, Thanks For Looking!

1 comment:

Lynn said...

Fun finds, love the hair on the AA doll! How well does removing the lip paint with nail polish remover work? Some of the lip colors are a little crazy:@)