Monday, February 17, 2020

Rubeus Hagrid Doll

Hey Gang!

I just ordered the Harry Potter's Rubeus Hagrid Doll by Mattel.  I was asked to do a review
by Jeanie of Adventures In Barbieville.  We communicate a lot and she is one of my new
motivators and sources of inspiration.  She does great stories. So Jeanie, this is for you!

He is a 12-inch doll which makes him about Ken size and seems to be the only other 12
inch size male doll in the Harry Potter line.
Promo Photos





My doll!
Front
 Back
 Head Shot!
The belt
The large shoes
 with top off
 The shoes are made oversize like clown shoes.
Compared to regular Ken Shoes!

 The whole outfit.
His feet!  Same size as Dumbledore and Ken so he can wear Ken shoes.
I didn't show the dragon because I didn't think it was much.

Warning--Nude bodies ahead! 

 Front
Back
Hagrid and Dumbledore comparison front
 Back
Side view- no butt Hagrid and Dumbledore's butt.

 Ken pant won't go all the way up!

 Even the elastic ones!
In teddy bear shorts
When it comes to dressing him, think about anything that was large on a Broad 
Ken and small Teddy bear clothes. I looked at things that I used for my Dasia doll
also knowing they should work too!

My lightweight fashion show 






Many Ken doll shirt won't close over the belly!
I saw this OOAK done with him on Instagram!  I hope to be able to do something like this!
Photo is from Cyguy83



OK, Thanks For Looking!

2 comments:

Jeanie said...

Thanks! He looks funny nekkid - burly guy with skinny legs.

I'm glad you found something to fit him. Didn't want the poor guy to have to be a nudist, esp in the winter time. BBBRRRR

Ms. Leo said...

Thanks for your comments Jeanie and Linda!

Jeanie, I am glad you liked my review! His big belly will make finding clothes for him a challenge! You never know what you have and what will work on which doll until you try. Even years later you will find an outfit that works for a doll in your collection that you never thought of before. That is the fun of dollies!

Linda, I think I will change him in phases! I will have more control over how he comes out that way. I want to add the under eye and and beard changes first. I'm thinking less chance for mistakes for me with those. I have played around with Dumbledore and have a feel for what I need to do from him.